A Note About My Friend

We always have to remind him whenever he starts preening over his BOA Grand Champion medals that no titles won while playing a clarinet really count for anything.

:tongue:

Hahaha :tongue: Gotta love it.

That's a heavy instrument to hold!

Yes, Tom, JJ is a product of "that" Marian Catholic.

We always have to remind him whenever he starts preening over his BOA Grand Champion medals that no titles won while playing a clarinet really count for anything.

hahaha

Is it Saturday yet??

Thank you all for the extremely kind words! I am truly humbled. I am looking forward to this weekend. I hope to see many of you, besides my corps :tongue: , this weekend. I have only done a fraction of the work that some other folks have done for drum corps. I just hope that efforts we made will keep drum corps alive in Florida for generations to come.

Thank you and see you on the 50.

P.S. There is nothing wrong with winning a championship playing clarinet. I think it still counts :tongue:

As Fran said JJ is a class guy. I have only met him a few times. He may not be back on the Poidum again, but no be around drum corps NAGH.

Good Luck whatever you do JJ.

JJ, with the foundation that not only you, but the rest of the staff has put out as of lately will surely keep the activity alive in Florida for a good time to come.

At least until all of us "young bucks" come to take over in a few more years!!! :tongue:

Susan and I still love you...clarinet and all!

Thank you all for the extremely kind words! I am truly humbled. I am looking forward to this weekend. I hope to see many of you, besides my corps :tongue: , this weekend. I have only done a fraction of the work that some other folks have done for drum corps. I just hope that efforts we made will keep drum corps alive in Florida for generations to come.

Thank you and see you on the 50.

P.S. There is nothing wrong with winning a championship playing clarinet. I think it still counts :tongue:

Edited by KeithHall

and I intentionally didn't mention that he was a reed player... but at least he's a reed player who was taught to march correctly.

and I intentionally didn't mention that he was a reed player... but at least he's a reed player who was taught to march correctly.

JJ? March? Pfft. All he ever does is stand on a podium.

=P

In all seriousness, though, JJ has been a huge role model and great friend to me, and a lot of people like me (first year in Drum Corps), and I hope that I will be able to follow his example and hopefully impact the activity 1/10th of the amount he has.

We'll miss you, bud.

Just a little recap from a GREAT Finals weekend with a man that I respect a lot.

JJ, we all went out there and put on the best show we could for you sir, I hope we made your last season a VERY special year for you.

We are ALL going to miss you, as deep as your strings run through DCA you have many friends thinking about you EVERY time we take that field.

In short, Thank You. For Everything.

I could ramble about awesome stuff about you forever, but ehhhhhh, not so fun to read. :worthy::devil: :devil: