DCA Championship Weekend

As you can all imagine... I'm a little busy right now... currently waiting for my printer to finish corps instruction booklets... I'm actually pretty worn out before we even get to Friday... then it hit me...

I miss Cozy...

When I think of a job that needs to be done - I miss Cozy...

When I want someone to run an errand for me - I miss Cozy...

When I don't want someone to complain to me when something goes wrong but it should be fixed - I miss Cozy...

This will in many ways be the best DCA weekend perhaps in HISTORY, but it's difficult to imagine going through it without my friend and helper...

RIP Michael "Cozy" Baker... you are missed...

note: be sure to catch the tribute in the DCA Yearbook/Program

He used those crazy glasses to peer into someone drumcorps soul and always found something good! :thumbs-up:

Cozy will be missed, but part of me is thinking, He will be there in spirit!

Tom Slade

Cincinnati Tradition

I miss him as-well ... but I'm sure that he'll be on the field in Rochester in-spirit.

Wonder who will be checking the flag placements .....?

.... or lining-up seats at the Dino-B-Q ...... ?

.... or hustling DCWs to any of the fan$ ($1 in his honor to a needy corps) that were without ...... ?

.... or arranging a seat for Annie ?

.... or nagging me to - well, he nagged me about a number of things.

Yeah - I miss him too. This year's DCA weekend won't quite be the same without him ... but we'll survive. He wouldn't have it any other way.

As you can all imagine... I'm a little busy right now... currently waiting for my printer to finish corps instruction booklets... I'm actually pretty worn out before we even get to Friday... then it hit me...

I miss Cozy...

When I think of a job that needs to be done - I miss Cozy...

When I want someone to run an errand for me - I miss Cozy...

When I don't want someone to complain to me when something goes wrong but it should be fixed - I miss Cozy...

This will in many ways be the best DCA weekend perhaps in HISTORY, but it's difficult to imagine going through it without my friend and helper...

RIP Michael "Cozy" Baker... you are missed...

note: be sure to catch the tribute in the DCA Yearbook/Program

My driving companion will not be riding with me this year. I will be doing the drive alone.

Cozy would have been here at my house by this time. He would have packed far too many bags

and filled the car with seemingly useless stuff. But my car will be somewhat empty this year, save for the luggage I have packed. He would have been sitting up all night practicing the same 3 chord progression on his guitar, driving me nuts. (I was teaching him the instrument,before his death).

Eating endless peanut and banana sandwiches, hogging my computer, getting and making multiple

last minute phone calls to Tom Peashey, California friends...(One friend with which he enjoyed a boatride on the San francisco bay and felt obliged to call me to tell me what he was doing.) There were several beers involved from what I gathered! Today, we both would have met Bob and Annie Sullivan at Mongomery ribs in Cincinnati, as we did last year, on thier way to Rochester. After Finals he would have written all his articles and DCA coverage at my house, burning the midnight oil and again, driving me nuts with revisions and re-writes. But this year, it's quiet. And I miss my friend. Speaking of "errands"... Last year Cozy had the use of my car for said responsibilities. I was walking along the sidewalk in front of the stadium in full uniform and on my way to meet my corps for prelims.

As I WALKED along, Cozy DROVE by in My car with Lois Nicholls ( DCATS member,and her friend Edna) and was kind enough to wave to me as he drove by!! I had to laugh! That was Cozy!!

Well.... rest assured, one and all: Cozy Baker now belongs to DCA.. Forever.

But I still miss my friend.

Edited by hairbear

Well-said, guys.

It is going to be strange not seeing Cozy this weekend, for sure.

But like you said.... he'll be with us in spirit, most definitely. Cozy was one of the reasons I like drum corps.

Fran

Well-said, guys.

It is going to be strange not seeing Cozy this weekend, for sure.

But like you said.... he'll be with us in spirit, most definitely. Cozy was one of the reasons I like drum corps.

Fran

We will miss Cozy comming over to my van having a hot dog and a drink with us. I know he will be with us in spirit, so we will have a hot dog and drink waiting for him. [ We love you Cozy ]

Amen..............let's all remember the man and share a drum corps moment......you know that he will be there.......

Wondering if maybe he didn't have something to do with our encouraging weather forecast...ya know, putting in a good word for us! :thumbs-up:

I will have to remember the good times when thinking about this topic...If you knew Cozy, certainly you will miss him.

Donny