So I had a crazy dream last night

Some here might remember the 1987 Finals telecast on PBS in which Michael Cesario gave a "replay" description of Blue Devils opener. I'm doing this from memory, but it goes something like this ~

Michael Cesario (analyst, pointing at vido of drill): "Steve, take a look at how Jay Murphy does this tac-tac-toe pattern. Watch the movement of THIS group, as THIS WHOLE GROUP builds into a wedge. We see these people move IN; these people move IN, these people move IN. Solid form from linear form, all while the tempo builds. Watch this live, it's gonna be somethin".

Steve Rondinaro (host): "Well, John Madden move over here!

Cesario: (loud laughter)

Rondinaro: He's got nothing on you!

Those 80's telecasts (pre-Gowdy) were the best!

You want to talk about commentary? I have one name for you from 1981... Carmine Appice.

That pretty much sums it all up. :thumbs-up:

Edited by skajerk

"...and that's what it's all about!"

($1 to Frank Caliendo)

Caliendo's impersonation of Madden is hilarious.

I would prefer Woody Page from ESPN's "Around the Horn". :cool:

Woody Page is a trip.

Actually John Madden really did do the DCI Quarterfinals Cinecast back in 2007, remember?

Are you serious??? I was in Korea in 2007, so no cinecast for me that year.... was this some other John Madden or the Tough Actin' Tinactin John Madden?

John Madden DID work on the DCI Quarterfinals broadcast this year.

http://www.music.msu.edu/people/detail.php?id=19

John is the longtime director of the awesome Spartan Marching Band at Michigan State University. He's a Phantom Regiment alum from the early-mid '80s (1983 and 1984, I think). He's also been involved in Phantom Regiment's conductor camps.

G

You want to talk about commentary? I have one name for you from 1981... Carmine Appice.

That pretty much sums it all up. :devil:

Carmine is a really cool guy, an earnest educator of the young. Considering his solid training as a kid, I imagine him having some interesting things to say about drum corps.

Carmine is a really cool guy, an earnest educator of the young. Considering his solid training as a kid, I imagine him having some interesting things to say about drum corps.

The word "interesting" doesn't even come close to describing that particular contribution to the understanding of drum corps for the masses out in television land.

If I recall, one of his more "interesting" things to say was, "That was cool, man" or something to that effect. :devil:

boom tough actin tinactin

John Madden needs to start supporting Gold Bond if he wants to do DCI