Scouts Announce Nick Williams to Return on Brass Team

Mad75

Great continuity on the Brass side staying in place with Madison!

Scouts Announce Nick Williams to Return on Brass Team

http://news.madisonscouts.org/?p=244

This is more than just continuity on the brass side. As someone who was taught by Dr. Williams for 2 years, I can personally say that he contributed more than just teaching brass. He taught everyone in the corps how to truly be a Madison Scout, and how to accept nothing less than perfection always. I certainly look to him as one of my mentors, and I know anyone in the percussion and color guard section will feel the same way. He's done so much for this corps, and current members and recent alumni hold him in a very high regard.

Nick was a tech for the corps back when I marched, and I consider him a very good friend and great teacher. I am excited that he is going to be with the corps again. He deserves a spot on the team not only for who he is as a Madison Scout, but who he is as an educator.

This is more than just continuity on the brass side. As someone who was taught by Dr. Williams for 2 years, I can personally say that he contributed more than just teaching brass. He taught everyone in the corps how to truly be a Madison Scout, and how to accept nothing less than perfection always.

What he said.

I'm glad that SOMEONE's back. Finally.

Cool. Glad to see Nick will be back. I know him a bit through various people and he's a hell of an instructor. The brass was one of Madison's only bright spots in 2009.

This should be very very good for retaining vets.

As Travis said, Nick is loved by the Scouts.

A tremendous instructor and a hell of a nice guy.

his name does not start with a J and he is not Jim.

But he IS a doctor.

"Dangit, Jim, I'm a doctor not a pit tech!" :laughing:

Ok I apologize for the Star Trek reference, but to reiterate what Mad75 said, Nick is the embodiment of what it means to be a "nice guy". They don't make 'em much better. Congrats to the corps and current/prospective members on keeping this man on staff. :thumbs-up:

Edited by BigBadMadMan

This is amazing and extremely relieving news. Nick Williams is the guy who gave me my shot at Madison after I had been cut by another corps. I wouldn't be half the player I am today if it wasn't for him. This also SHOULDNT be a surprise. NW is a genius and turned a hornline that was maybe 40 to 50% rookies into a 17.1-17.3 hornline. I have the upmost repsect and admiration for him.

Glad he's back. Can't wait for next year