Minicorps scores

Galen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually they havent HAD a drum corps for many years now. Like hall of famer Dave Martin says ,I think we should investigate whether these guys are playing by the rules and are all IN an alumni corps or Sr corps(I personally think NOT)

Aaaahhhh... there it is...

Yes, I'll feel right at home here. :cool:

Well stated, Scooter!

Of course congrats to Star and all the other mini-corps... but a special shout out to my friends in Ghost Riders. What an accomplishment for you guys! You have to very proud and deservedly so. You are certainly back in the mix (as if you were ever OUT) and all that hard work has paid off. Good for Ghost!

Actually, we have an alumni corps that is currently rehearsing. The next Star Alumni Corps camp is in December:

Star Alumni Corps Schedule

As with most corps, there's typically a "show and tell" portion at the conclusion of each Star Alumni Corps camp (mid-day on Sunday) that is open to the public. Although I do not speak for Star United, as a member I'll gladly pay for the airfare, car rental, and hotel room for a DCA representative to attend "show and tell" if it is deemed necessary.

Heck, if Dick Pronti comes, I'll petition the corps to allow him to be named an honorary member of the mellophone section and participate as a mellophonist for the entire weekend. We can show him the secret handshake, cook smores together, tell ghost stories with a lit flashlight under our chins, and brief him on the secrets of "breathe dah" and the mello chest.

Dick can also visit my condo in Indianapolis, play with my four cats, inventory my refrigerator, and photograph my sock drawer if it would alleviate any concerns of the Hall of Famers.

Unretouched images of the most recent Star Alumni Corps camp in August are readily available at the Star United Web Site (click here). In these images you'll see the dues paying Star Alumni Corps members who are also participants of Star United. Incidentally, the Star United site was updated in July to offer more information about the corps and add some transparency to those who have concerns about our organization.

I'd like to stress that Star United does not, and has never owned or operated any black helicopters. We have also severed all ties with the Rand Corporation.

If any investigations need to occur, I suggest we explore the curious involvement of a Star of Indiana mellophonist's connection with the Kennedy assassination (click here).

Genkus!

Stop with the conspiracy BS and "they weren't an alumni corps" crap. Star has a mini corps, a very GOOD mini corps and that is that. Any other talk of things other than congrats is moot. Grow up people!!

Personally, I would like to congratulate Star United for TYING the record for most consecutive mini corps wins. They share that honor with the Erie Thunderbirds (1992-1996).

Carry on.

Yes, this mimin-corps show gets better every year (and so does STAR). WOW, just awesome isn't enough to describe them, and great people too.

But I missed seeing Erie T-birds being out there. They always entertained the crowd like no other.

Maybe next year??