2009 DCA Finals Show - Live Thread

99? Didn't we count like that when we played Hide Go Seek? 80-85-90-95-Givum a 100 WTF!!! :devil: GTFOOHERE!! Robots can even get 99.

Glad I didn't pay my dollars for this. GO HURCS!!!!

Edited by Jim On The Move

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people just don't understand how the current system works. Bucs getting perfect scores in percussion tonight, for example, doesn't mean they were PERFECT. It means that, tonight, NOBODY would have done better than them. Also take into consideration the point spread between corps. Judges have to figure out that spread each time they give out a number and they can't go back to change those numbers later on. This is why I will NEVER be a judge. Getting that right is more than I am capable of doing.

Thats what I was trying to say in my own way

I think the 99.025 is a result of MBI turning out a great show of there own the spread was less than yesterday.1. Buccaneers 97.175

2. Minnesota Brass 94.875 2. Hurricanes 94.875. Once the judges gave out that 2nd place score ther was nowhere else to go.

99? Didn't we count like that when we played Hide Go Seek? 80-85-95-Givum a 100 WTF!!! :devil: FGTFOOHERE!! Robots can even get 99.

Glad I didn't pay my dollars for this. GO HURCS!!!!

You should have paid your dollars. It was an incredible show that really did take the all-age activity to a new level. Did you see it at all this summer?

99.025??????? lets get real here

For real????!!!

Come on, people. Why is it we have a competitive activity where the goal is to get to 100, yet the closer we get to it, the more we ##### that it can't be possible? WHY NOT???

Wait! Still no Cherry Pink?? LOL

Sorry Nanci,

But those kids don't know what Cherry Pink is......LOL

Kevin,

Bucs score of 99 seemed obvious to me as soon as you started describing the performance by the Vigilanties back on page 1.

They set the bar so high at the "bottom" of the line-up that is squeezed the open class 2-3-4-5 up higher...then to give the Bucs the distance over #2 that they earned, a 99 was needed.

The 99 by the Bucs is not only a tribute to them, but to 14 corps who put together a DVD that will get me through the winter quite happily.

Congratulations Bucs.......congratulations corps......congratulations DCA........ congratulations DCP......and thank you press box staff for bringing Rochester to ME.

Joe in NJ