CT Hurricanes and DCA

I'm saying if their guard wasn't as good as they are they would have been beaten by the cabs and possibly the renegades.

Gotcha! :thumbup: I guess im just saying they were not the only "ridiculously good guard" to use your words!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd say i'd trust the guys in the blue shirts

yep..for class"A" was ready to wring their necks..but that was emotion..subjective..not objective!! blue shirts have the final say no matter what we may emotionally think......analyse this to death...it was the greatest DCA and Govies ###### me off enough to get off my armchair and help at least volunteer wise to overtake you next year 2 points no Problem...you guys like Canadian or Blue?? Congrats!! :tongue::thumbup:

:tongue:

Did the CT Hurricanes get the old shafting at DCA? It seems like a couple of judges had it in for them during finals.

My question isn't meant to take away anything from the other corps who competed in Rochester. Congratulations to the top three!

I'm curious about people's opinions on this subject.

I have to admit that I hate the tone of this thread so far. It comes across as sour grapes and that's not cool.

As a hurcs alum I will say that I was very proud of their success over the past 2 years. They have come so far in such a short period of time.

I was unable to attend DCA this year but I did get a chance to see Empire in Bridgeport and I had them in 2nd place under the hurcs because of some small drill issues and some dirt in the drumline.

With that being said, it sounds like Empire fixed these minor issues and delivered a beast of a finals peformance which put them over the hurcs. They deserve all the credit and pespect for what they accomplished on finals night.

The hurcs have been a very difficult corps to beat this year but I'll always give my respect to the few corps who have mannaged to do so.

I personaly think that the Cabs were underrated this year but thats just my opinion as as DCA fan.

I am sorry but , I tend to trust the opinions of the judges more than my own as well as the opinions of other fans like myself.

Leave it alone and let the scores stand. :worthy:

I have to admit that I hate the tone of this thread so far. It comes across as sour grapes and that's not cool.

As a hurcs alum I will say that I was very proud of their success over the past 2 years. They have come so far in such a short period of time.

I was unable to attend DCA this year but I did get a chance to see Empire in Bridgeport and I had them in 2nd place under the hurcs because of some small drill issues and some dirt in the drumline.

With that being said, it sounds like Empire fixed these minor issues and delivered a beast of a finals peformance which put them over the hurcs. They deserve all the credit and pespect for what they accomplished on finals night.

The hurcs have been a very difficult corps to beat this year but I'll always give my respect to the few corps who have mannaged to do so.

I personaly think that the Cabs were underrated this year but thats just my opinion as as DCA fan.

I am sorry but , I tend to trust the opinions of the judges more than my own as well as the opinions of other fans like myself.

Leave it alone and let the scores stand. :tongue:

I agree..I don't like where this is going and I would prefer this thread be closed and move on.....It was a great year for DCA..period

Why are people putting words into hurcs mouth. I have yet to see them come here and say that they got screwed. They might be disappointed in their placement, but not screwed.

The only thing I say is that if Empire deserved to beat Hurcs, they should have been placed alot closer to them in prelims. Its just hard to justify a drum corps going up almost 4 points in one night. So, basically what everyone is saying is the Judges on prelims night got it wrong. At the same time, everyone trusts what the judges say. When it goes the way they want, the judges are good and vice versa. Complete Contradiction.

To all of the 14 corps that were at finals, Congrats. This year was a true dog fight to the finish. Nothing was written in stone. Even in finals, your place wasnt written in stone. The top 5 corps know this all too well from the past 2 years although this years finals placements are exactly the same as last years with close to the same spreads. It happens.

One thing I can promise you, Hurcs, Cabs, Empire, and MBI will be going for that top spot and not just top 5. Good luck in the off season. I cannot wait to see show announcements. Is it time for Wildwood yet?

Edited by DCAforLife

Why are people putting words into hurcs mouth. I have yet to see them come here and say that they got screwed. They might be disappointed in their placement, but not screwed.

The only thing I say is that if Empire deserved to beat Hurcs, they should have been placed alot closer to them in prelims. Its just hard to justify a drum corps going up almost 4 points in one night. So, basically what everyone is saying is the Judges on prelims night got it wrong. At the same time, everyone trusts what the judges say. When it goes the way they want, the judges are good and vice versa. Complete Contradiction.

To all of the 14 corps that were at finals, Congrats. This year was a true dog fight to the finish. Nothing was written in stone. Even in finals, your place wasnt written in stone. The top 5 corps know this all too well from the past 2 years although this years finals placements are exactly the same as last years with close to the same spreads. It happens.

One thing I can promise you, Hurcs, Cabs, Empire, and MBI will be going for that top spot and not just top 5. Good luck in the off season. I cannot wait to see show announcements. Is it time for Wildwood yet?

I dont think anyone has said ( Unless I missed it ) that any Hurcs are saying they got screwed BUT leading up to DCA some Hurcs or Hurcs Alumni even barked about redemption from 1966 or something. SOOOOOOOO now I think people are responding to some of that.

The CURRENT corps is probable the best they have been in Many many years BUT i do think come the end it was what it was and the placement was right and as another poster said Cabs could have also jumped ahead. JMO

Oh!!! also agree with the guard statements VERY good but could have easily gone elsewhere and I think maybe should have .

mybe the judges got it right both days. i thought Empire was light years better at finals than they were at prelims