CT Hurricanes and DCA

think of Cru, they worked their butts off and yet no one has mentioned them??? prelims for them was a great show and they deserved a finals spot in my imho. looked to me that they made great strides from St john fisher show. they totally were enjoyable. hope this does not keep them from coming out strong next year. they work hard and always have. just because u r small does not mean you are not a force to be reckoned with. GO CRU!!!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to quote Jeff Ream... "I love the week after finals"

the dancers for Empire were not PAID to perform. The were two former Patriot guard people from the great years who happen to be two of their guard instructors - two of the finest in the land by the way... Matt Winans and Sarah Cole... and what an amazing performance they put on... I find your comment offensive and an insult to the wonderful corps you seem to support. The same corps that had the best guard I've ever seen in DCA.

The best what? OMGGGGGGG ...lmao

the dancers for Empire were not PAID to perform. The were two former Patriot guard people from the great years who happen to be two of their guard instructors - two of the finest in the land by the way... Matt Winans and Sarah Cole... and what an amazing performance they put on... I find your comment offensive and an insult to the wonderful corps you seem to support. The same corps that had the best guard I've ever seen in DCA.

it's been tame this year. i'm so let down :tongue:

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to Drum Corps. For the past few years I have attended a few shows. This was my very first time attending a DCA Championship. I'm a very big Hurcs fan. I am also fair to the other corps as well. We all know the hard work and dedication that goes along with marching in a drum corps. I watched the Hurcs win show after show only losing to the Bucs. The Bucs are very good and march a very clean show. I guess that is what all corps strive for. I was ready to watch the Buccs, so I could watch a top notch performance.I do understand forms and the difficulty of marching with a horn. I thought the Bucs had great horns and drums, BUT...... Their color guard did not intertwine with brass and drums. Same for MB..... You could see how rarely the horns and drums intertwined with the guard . The Hurcs, marched, played and intertwined with the guard time and time again. I was, impressed. I was impressed with the music of the Bucs and the MB. BUT the whole program for the Hurcs, was clearly far more difficult then any other corps. Empire didn't move as much. They hired some dancer to dance around the field. I felt, the Hurcs took risk. I know the Hurcs are a very good drum corp. I congratulate the top 3 and other corps in the finals. and I'm sorry the men in blue didn't see the risk and pasion the Hurcs took with them onto the field. Now I say, the fire is in their eyes and the sky is the limit.The THUNDER IS HERE for 2010.

Um, who are you?

Also, there are no paid performers in DCA, with the exception being an instructor here and there who may want to perform with the unit they're teaching, either as a plug or because they want to sweat with the section (and that's not technically getting paid to perform). To suggest otherwise on a message board is inflamatory.

Almost agree with you ExCEPT GUARD...Good for sure ....winner... NAWWW!!!!

I think I have to go with you. Granted Finals was the only time I saw all of these corps, but if I were judging, I think I would have had Bush's guard on top, with Hurcs close below. I personally was really impressed with Bush's guard.

Okay, Let me get this straight! I thought DCP was a place to agree and to disagree, we are all adults, right?. I spoke about my personal feeling of what I thought of the 2009 season. I believe I did say, I was a fan, and I do believe. I said, I wasn't any kind of expert. Let's call a spade a spade. I have watched Empire for 3 shows now, and I have never watched a performance with those dancers and or the honor guard that was presented at the DCA Championship to speak of. I call it as it sees it. Maybe, paid was a wrong word to use, and professional/seasoned dancer would of been a better choice of word. I said many things in my post of many statements positive as negative at points. I could of really gone all out on my very true feelings, but I do know it wouldn't be appreciated. I pointed out the difficulty's in the Hurcs show, I thought it was a very difficult show to perform, and the Hurcs did a great job performing the program. This isn't about Empire, it's about the show and content of the show. So, people if you don't agree with me, thats fine, and if you see some of my points thats fine as well. I did make positive comments about the Bucs and MB, because my comments were my personal thoughts and feelings.

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to Drum Corps. For the past few years I have attended a few shows. This was my very first time attending a DCA Championship. I'm a very big Hurcs fan. I am also fair to the other corps as well. We all know the hard work and dedication that goes along with marching in a drum corps. I watched the Hurcs win show after show only losing to the Bucs. The Bucs are very good and march a very clean show. I guess that is what all corps strive for. I was ready to watch the Buccs, so I could watch a top notch performance.I do understand forms and the difficulty of marching with a horn. I thought the Bucs had great horns and drums, BUT...... Their color guard did not intertwine with brass and drums. Same for MB..... You could see how rarely the horns and drums intertwined with the guard . The Hurcs, marched, played and intertwined with the guard time and time again. I was, impressed. I was impressed with the music of the Bucs and the MB. BUT the whole program for the Hurcs, was clearly far more difficult then any other corps. Empire didn't move as much. They hired some dancer to dance around the field. I felt, the Hurcs took risk. I know the Hurcs are a very good drum corp. I congratulate the top 3 and other corps in the finals. and I'm sorry the men in blue didn't see the risk and pasion the Hurcs took with them onto the field. Now I say, the fire is in their eyes and the sky is the limit.The THUNDER IS HERE for 2010.

That is hysterical. I guess then according to you there should be a new caption called "Intertwining" haha Bucs, Minnesota and Cabs all had more demanding shows then the Hurricanes. IMO.

I have watched Empire for 3 shows now, and I have never watched a performance with those dancers and or the honor guard that was presented at the DCA Championship to speak of. I call it as it sees it. Maybe, paid was a wrong word to use, and professional/seasoned dancer would of been a better choice of word....This isn't about Empire, it's about the show and content of the show. So, people if you don't agree with me, thats fine, and if you see some of my points thats fine as well.

So corps shouldn't make changes or additions on finals weekend?

Are You Ready for some football...heard the NYG have a demanding defense more so than the 49ers..plus I heard that they don't believe they can beat the Redskins this weekend..love the the fall

And don't forget the Super Bowl Party at the 'Bop! Or is it RJ's?