Why didn't people like Relampago?

LOL yes. Technically it wasn't in the judged part of the show, it was during the warmup as they are setting up. The narration was pre-recorded from what I understand, and it was legal for them to do that because it wasn't done during the ACTUAL show, just the warmup which isn't judged. Perhaps they didn't show the warmup with the narration online?

Also, to the person who didn't hear the narration except for at rehearsal, I heard it very clearly. But I was sitting kinda high up on the 45 yard line at the Glass Bowl in Toledo in August. I have no idea how it would have sounded down low on the 30.

I saw it at the same show on the same yard line (well maybe the other side :p) up pretty high as well.

I loved the brass and liked the show overall but as everyone else has already pointed out having all the guard look the same didn't make sense from a design standpoint. I think the execution was fine (I did not see semis I don't know how it looked there) just the design, specifically visually and common sense, was sub-par.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the story line just didnt flow in a way that made sense given that the whole guard was costumed the same. and musically it just didnt reach me. i loved corps that scored below them, so placement had nothing to do with my lack of enjoyment

I've been wondering this since Finals week, but I wanted to wait until DCP traffic slowed down to ask this of everyone here. Why didn't people like the Madison Scouts show in 2009? I LOVED IT!!

Maybe I loved it because I was watching it through red and green glasses, I don't know.

Maybe I loved it because I only saw the show once, at the beginning of August, so I saw it only when it was at its very best.

Maybe I loved it because the show concept was relatively different: What other corps shows have had a made-up comic book hero as its basis? Or an existing comic book hero for that matter?

Was it really that cheesy?

Again, I'm not interested in people's opinions on why it placed 15th. I want to know why you personally didn't like it (or why you did, if you did!)

Yes, it was cheesy.

Yes, the show concept got in the way of a guard performing their work. The story wasn't compelling so it became a distraction.

It was a comic book (light on content) and it was a comic show (light on content).

In short...a good brass line effort was wasted.

yes It was that cheesy.

Guard Uniforms were a joke.

Guard was bigger but not any better than 2008.

brass sound got worse as show went on.

percussion effect non existent.

other than that it should have placed 17th.

Was crossmen 13th 2009?

I get lost after Troop...

Never mind.. looked it up....

(I liked all the 21 coprs this year....)

2010: Thank GOD, Scouts changed their game... thats only because I marched there, otherwise I don't think I would mind one way or another...

"Let them play!" The Bad News Bears.... Sometimes it's ok not to be the best!

Edited by Cop

I don't think the bulk of the audience didn't like the show. However, it was a spectacular season of great corps this year. There were quite a number of shows fans may have liked more and there were 14 shows the judges liked more.

I think a lot of people would like having dinner with me, more so than the people who wouldn't like having dinner with me. But the vast majority of them would like having dinner with Brad Pitt even more.

I thought it was an entertaining show. Good brassline, and some very nice music. I thought it should have been in 13th place, behind Colts, but ahead of Academy and Troopers.

Yes there were some weaknesses in this show, but that could definitely be said about any corps in the 12th through 17th spots this year. One thing noticeable is the marching of Scouts. They have really lost that powerful presence they used to put on the field. Stepoffs and marching style aren't the same, and they don't ooze the confidence they once had.

I personally really enjoyed this show, and will watch it many times when the dvds come out. Hopefully in years to come, people will appreciate this show more.

I thought it was an entertaining show. Good brassline, and some very nice music. I thought it should have been in 13th place, behind Colts, but ahead of Academy and Troopers.

Yes there were some weaknesses in this show, but that could definitely be said about any corps in the 12th through 17th spots this year. One thing noticeable is the marching of Scouts. They have really lost that powerful presence they used to put on the field. Stepoffs and marching style aren't the same, and they don't ooze the confidence they once had.

I personally really enjoyed this show, and will watch it many times when the dvds come out. Hopefully in years to come, people will appreciate this show more.

Funny, I thought they got a gift being 15th.