Finally, DCI Acknowledges "Issues" At LOS

Tom Brace, I was there - as I was in Bloomington the year before. Paid about $1,000 total for the trip this year, stayed at the Hilton downtown. Won't be back as long as the show is at LOS. Crappy sound. Indy was nice, but once you've been you've seen it. Kind of boring IMO

Call me childish if you will, but there were many, many other folks that were hanging out at the show (we talked to) and during smoke breaks that had the exact same feeling. I'll bet you see a 15% decrease in finals attendance just based on the poor acoustics of the venue. I'd rather catch the show in Hattiesburg - OUTSIDE.

Edited by Gator Eagle

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

???

I got the survey and was not a ticket package buyer.

It's hard to fathom the amount of negativity in this place (not directed to Triple Forte but to other posts). How many of you who are complaining have actually seen the content of the survey? In my view, the survey addressed many of the concerns about finals expressed here, and did so in an in depth way. How many organizations do you know of that are this responsive to their client base?

:tongue:

I think I have just figured out how they contacted me. The only thing I filled out at the Show was a card for the super fan badge.

Dean

Tom Brace, I was there - as I was in Bloomington the year before. Paid about $1,000 total for the trip this year, stayed at the Hilton downtown. Won't be back as long as the show is at LOS. Crappy sound. Indy was nice, but once you've been you've seen it. Kind of boring IMO

Call me childish if you will, but there were many, many other folks that were hanging out at the show (we talked to) and during smoke breaks that had the exact same feeling. I'll bet you see a 15% decrease in finals attendance just based on the poor acoustics of the venue. I'd rather catch the show in Hattiesburg - OUTSIDE.

I'm not calling you childish, I'm just thanking you for giving me a broader choice for my seats next year. It's gonna be a great Christmas.

And we have no proof you ever went in the first place. Or paid to go.

And you have no proof that he didn't. So your post is rather pointless.

I'm not calling you childish, I'm just thanking you for giving me a broader choice for my seats next year. It's gonna be a great Christmas.

You can have my seats too. I have a feeling you'll have your choice of a lot of fine seating. have fun.

that's considered to be a leading question that doesn't cover all the answers in a neutral way, go figure, and poor survey design. This shouldn't surprise you, but most poll questions on DCP would not pass muster with marketing research people.

Considering that most of the questions had 5 selections to choose from, and having had courses in creating surveys, this question was not well designed. The echo issue isn't a simple question of was there enough or too much, if you listen to the podcasts recorded that week, the sound was supposedly fantastic, where is the option for being happy with the level of the echo?

If it's a randomized survey only of people who bought tickets directly from DCI, then there's a methodological problem with that, because many tickets were sold at the venue by venue staff. That's where I purchased my finals tickets. And apparently, what we think doesn't matter, otherwise at least a randomized sampling of those people would be included somehow...even if it's a brief, separate survey.

Not everyone who goes to this wants to make an investment in super 5 or whatever they call that package now. So I guess this survey is for "real fans." :tongue:

???

I got the survey and was not a ticket package buyer.

It's hard to fathom the amount of negativity in this place (not directed to Triple Forte but to other posts). How many of you who are complaining have actually seen the content of the survey? In my view, the survey addressed many of the concerns about finals expressed here, and did so in an in depth way. How many organizations do you know of that are this responsive to their client base?

:tongue:

I have no problem with the survey itself (I thought it was very good and very thorough). I would just hate to think there are drum corps fans out there who catch wind of the survey....and are not offered the opportunity to participate. It's that whole insider 'your not in the club' kind of thing.....

Just a side note.......I have always said that DCI (And DCA) should conduct survey's every season.

It's hard to fathom the amount of negativity in this place

I agree that sometimes things get a tad out of hand out here....BUT....most of the issues raised have to do with basic Customer Service....something DCI has struggled with (IMO) for a long time. As far as LOS goes.....DCI should never have signed a long term deal with a venue that has never been used for drum corps before.

(not directed to Triple Forte but to other posts).

That's alright....I can take it...... :tongue:

Edited by Triple Forte

DCI didn't create or manage the survey. They have an independent company who most likely asked how to keep from polluting the sample data.

DCI has contact info for the people who bought packages so that is an imperical sample. Sample size is not as important as the quality of the data collected.

Stats class...thank you for the training you gave me.

DCI hiring an outside company doesn't mean they had no input in the survey.

I've merged the two survey topics.