Your Favorite Corps Logo

fifer

Favorite World Class Corps Logos  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is the most effective WC corps logo?

• The Academy
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Knights
    • Blue Stars
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • The Cadets
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cascades
    • The Cavaliers
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Glassmen
    • Jersey Surf
    • Madison Scouts
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Troopers

Gotta admit bias - Pioneer

1) The hat, the corps is seen wearing it season after season and Roman is notorious for his hat

2) the shamrock, what says Irish more than a shamrock and what says pioneer more than irish music?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never a Scout but I went with Madison. Please don't get me wrong because this isn't a knock on anybody, but one time I saw a corps jacket that read something like "Concord Blue Devils Drum and Bugle Corps Concord CA." The only thing missing was the zip code. Fleur dilese - Madison Corps. That says it all.

I voted Boston because of it being totally ######. Number two would definitely be madison

yes Boston hands down.

I really like SCV's. Crossmen is OK, but seems kind of generic (like a biker logo or something: always think of West Coast Choppers, even though I've known Crossmen a LOT longer than WCC), and Spirit reminds me too much of Delta airlines. SCV reminds me of a family crest that spans many, many generations, which is something a drum corps logo should be.

I also like the Blue Devils logo, as it seems to embody the style of the organization.

And of course the Scouts logo is awesome.

But my favorite is SCV

Spirit is up there in my book as well - the presence of the horn at least identifies it as a music organization to the non-drum corps folks. On the other hand, while I love Crossmen's maltese cross from a drum corps fan standpoint, it reads too much like West Coast Choppers to the non-fan.

WCC uses a German iron cross.

VFW.jpg

Although the Crossmen were sponsored by an American Legion Post, they got the cross idea from the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) insignia. One of the guys from the post pulled out his VFW membership card from his wallet and said "This would make a good cross." His daughter Kipper (baritone player) designed the first shirts and logo for the corps.

Our flag in '75 was more like the VFW cross.

1975-16_jpg.jpg

Then other variations of the cross with the Old English 'C" followed.

1975-15_jpg.jpg

Off topic, but pretty cool fact. The second guy from the left in this picture is Tom Payton. Sean Payton's (New Orlean's Saints) brother.

_________

Edited by xbones7480

I obviously love BD's logo, but not because it's descriptive but moreover because it's traditional. i mean there's nothing too sexy about the mercedes logo, but man does it mean something now! I agree with many on here that PR has a remarkable logo and it oozes drum corps. But I also think that the best modern logo is Cadets running man, it says more about them then any new idea could possibly....but George is pretty smart and I'll hold my verdict until I see it.

But yeah, tradition and consistency (BAC, SCV, Scouts, etc) should be the target, and not a frantic search for identity.

Final note...there's one corps that could never (under any circumstances) change their logo...Troopers! :tongue:

Edited by Plan9

I think crown.

It's a crown (crown being in their name), and it's cream colored, which fits them, so that is the obvious part. Now the genius part is how the horn fits in coming in the left side with like, a visual representation of sound coming out the bell, and how that just goes to the end of the crown. It just works for me.