Troopers, am I the only one to notice

IMO, as much as I want the Troopers to be a finalist corps, I'm don't see how they beat the Colts this year. From a visual stand point, I thought the show was much dirtier then the Colts show. And I thought the Colts had more GE. Just my opinion, but I was surprised to see them make finals. No disrespect meant, it was a very good show, just my opinion. Congrats though for making finals! Very nice to see you back Troop.

Edited by Newseditor44

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the game is checkers. Yes, all corps must play checkers.

Tom:

You've just shown everyone how little you know.

The game is canasta. All corps must play canasta.

canasta.jpg

The same goes for you too

I didn't take long?

I'm referring to the time between thousands being ecstatic that Troopers made Finals and when someone posted a thread that...well, you know.

IMO, as much as I want the Troopers to be a finalist corps, I'm don't see how they beat the Colts this year. From a visual stand point, I thought the show was much dirtier then the Colts show. And I thought the Colts had more GE. Just my opinion, but I was surprised to see them make finals. No disrespect meant, it was a very good show, just my opinion. Congrats though for making finals! Very nice to see you back Troop.

I thought both Colts and Troopers were very close: GE and Visual were pretty much a flip of the coin (I think Colts took GE at Semis, and tied in Visual), but I thought that Troopers had a very slight edge in music (definitely a better percussion section, and a slightly better brass performance).

** DISCLOSURE **

My thoughts are based on the Fan Network webcast only, however a quick look of the recaps confirm my opinions.

I thought both Colts and Troopers were very close: GE and Visual were pretty much a flip of the coin (I think Colts took GE at Semis, and tied in Visual), but I thought that Troopers had a very slight edge in music (definitely a better percussion section, and a slightly better brass performance).

** DISCLOSURE **

My thoughts are based on the Fan Network webcast only, however a quick look of the recaps confirm my opinions.

I'll agree that on any given night, it was a flip of the coin between the two. I don't think Troop was able to clean quite as much as Colts, but that's my uneducated opinion.

I didn't really enjoy the Troopers show too much, though I love that they did so well competitively. But I can say with great certainty that at no point in their show did I say to myself, "this is just like a BD show." There weren't long sections of the show highlighted by sporatic hits from the brass with ridiculous heights on double stroke rolls from the snares, nor was there an accelerando section which featured the pit. Maybe I missed something, but for my viewing these claims seem unfounded.

Troopers were also standing on the endzone that said "Colts" at finals.

Yes, they were standing on the Colts at finals.

Ouch? Yes.

I like others are glad to see Troopers back in the top 12. But I'm a little disappointed in how they did it. While the show was called Western Side Story and was "based" on WSS I found it more of a Blue Devils type show then a Troopers show. Lots of snippets and music I couldn't remember once I left the theatre.

I've read people deride Blue Devils and others for this type of show but no one seems upset when the Troopers did it. Am I the only one to find this strange?

Just say it: Should have had a concert number, a color pre and endzone entrance/exit. Anything else?

HH