Another staff announcement...

While waiting until auditions looks like a good idea I think if the changes are significant like in Madisons case (Outstanding additions) then waiting until this last minute could cost them many attendies.

I would think announcing late would indicate a not so significant change.

Kids that plan for auditions would usually make the decision on where they want to audition sooner rather than later. Usually not too long after the audition dates have been announced.

Just my opinion.

That is a good point, it does indicate not a significant change. Crown, SCV, BD, Cadets, Bluecoats, and Boston have yet to release any real staff declarations yet (not 100% sure, but fairly certain). However, I can guarantee that none of these corps are going to have problems getting talent in for auditions. IMHO the reason Madison has been releasing all this info on their new "dream" team is because they have something to actually be worried about one it comes to people not auditioning (no offense to Madison at all in that statement, I luv SCOUTS!). As for Blue Stars, with some of their staff heading over into the Scouts, they needed to release this information so that people wouldn't think Stars didn't have anyone to replace such individuals. It's also a good way to show that they aren't going to be fixed into 8th. The other corps making announcements on staff right now are Cavi's (thanks to recent direction changes to Cavi's legend Adolph), PR (Myron announcement shows stability in show concept, meaning future members don't have to worry about an 09 part dos) and Glassmen (Pete Weber= better drill). Looking at this, it appears the only corps that needs to announce staffs are those that have to prove something or explain the loss of their staff to another corps. It is very true that people make their decisions on were to audition ASAP, but the corps that haven't been making these announcements are usually one of the top sought after corps to audition for (Crown and BD could have their whole staffs take the season off and audition numbers would still be high).

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic