Another staff announcement...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there needs to be a new rule on DCP: If you predict a corps to "break in" to a new tier, you must also state who you think will drop out.

That--at the very least--might make people think twice about posting such predictions.

Yes. However (technically) it is possible (with the rules as they are) to have 9 corps in the top 6 with 3 ties for different placements. :thumbup:

Yes. However (technically) it is possible (with the rules as they are) to have 9 corps in the top 6 with 3 ties for different placements. :thumbup:

Does that mean that we can have 18 top-12 corps?

50% more corps on Finals night - I like it.

Does that mean more DVD's in my annual Championship DVD? :wub:

That's a popular misconception. Ties always use up 2 or more slots. When PR and BD tied, the third place corps was third...not second.

You could have all Top 12 corps tie for first place...and the next corps would be #13...out of the top 12.

I'm sure it makes 1999 BD and PR "feel better" to say "we tied for first." But in fact, they should be saying "We tied for first AND SECOND."

That's a popular misconception. Ties always use up 2 or more slots. When PR and BD tied, the third place corps was third...not second.

You could have all Top 12 corps tie for first place...and the next corps would be #13...out of the top 12.

I'm sure it makes 1999 BD and PR "feel better" to say "we tied for first." But in fact, they should be saying "We tied for first AND SECOND."

So what you would need then is a tie for 12th place to get 13 or more corps in to Finals.

Hey it could happen (see 1977).

Leave it to you to confuse the issue with facts! :wub:

Buzzkill! :thumbup:

Go Stars!! As an alum who marched the black eye year of '74 it's good to see the Blue Stars getting their due---FCO!!

I have 3 Blue Stars shows from the 1970's in my iTunes library: 1972, 1974, and 1977. Conquest and In the Hall of the Mountain King are amazing in the '74 show! Love those mellos (frenchies?)!

Your points are valid, i'd just like to clarify that it was BD and SCV that tied in 1999. PR tied with BD in 1996.

and lets get back to the point here, Blue Stars have picked up a good set of staff this year and with there current membership they could be a contender with whoever it is that is in the 6th and 7th spots... not going to guess who that'll because it is ridiculously early to do so... we still have no idea about all the staffs, show concepts, and quality of membership that corps have. The only info we have is staff and DMs from corps that like sharing info, all the corps that are more conservative in their press releases haven't given us any info, which doesn't mean that they don't have good staffs lined up, only means they don't see the need to release that information till right before auditions.

Edited by seanieofbrassie

While waiting until auditions looks like a good idea I think if the changes are significant like in Madisons case (Outstanding additions) then waiting until this last minute could cost them many attendies.

I would think announcing late would indicate a not so significant change.

Kids that plan for auditions would usually make the decision on where they want to audition sooner rather than later. Usually not too long after the audition dates have been announced.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Phantombari1