Another staff announcement...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Stars are doing a great job keeping the creative team that brought them back to finals together. Their guard has been great the past two years and I expect even more from them in 2010. Well done Stars.

Go Stars!! As an alum who marched the black eye year of '74 it's good to see the Blue Stars getting their due---FCO!!

Just told my "Scout" Bro I was glad he was back with BS.

Stars Rocked 09... (Corona kicked major a@@ too) I had Blue Stars guard in my top 5 in 2009.. (flip flop em with Crown's guard).

One more year to build upon will be a treat for all of us to see...

http://www.bluestars.org/story.php?story_id=551

That should be another big plus for them. One more step toward the top 6?

I think there needs to be a new rule on DCP: If you predict a corps to "break in" to a new tier, you must also state who you think will drop out.

That--at the very least--might make people think twice about posting such predictions.

I think there needs to be a new rule on DCP: If you predict a corps to "break in" to a new tier, you must also state who you think will drop out.

That--at the very least--might make people think twice about posting such predictions.

OK, to answer your demand: Bluecoats. Guard has been their nemesis for a while and will continue to be so.

The thing that really pulled BS down last year was percussion and, IMHO, I think they will excel in that caption this year with both Aungst and Larrivee in charge. I think BS guard will finally get the scores they deserve the last week of the season next year (they actually beat Blue Devils in Content the second-to-last week this past summer, but fell to 7th a week later :thumbup: ), and I feel that the visual staff will continue to help the members to improve in that caption. Brass, with Sullivan as caption head, will be VERY competitive.

Any more explanation "required"?

DCP would be awfully quiet in September, October, November, Dec...

OK, to answer your demand: Bluecoats. Guard has been their nemesis for a while and will continue to be so.

The thing that really pulled BS down last year was percussion and, IMHO, I think they will excel in that caption this year with both Aungst and Larrivee in charge. I think BS guard will finally get the scores they deserve the last week of the season next year (they actually beat Blue Devils in Content the second-to-last week this past summer, but fell to 7th a week later :thumbup: ), and I feel that the visual staff will continue to help the members to improve in that caption. Brass, with Sullivan as caption head, will be VERY competitive.

Any more explanation "required"?

If you look at 2009 Finals recap, your predictive credibility will come into question. To wit:

"Guard has been their [bluecoats] nemesis for a while and will continue to be so"

Oh? They placed higher than Bloo's hornline at finals. At least the CG scored "in the slot." The brass did not. My point: Guard doesn't look like a nemesis to me.

"I think they will excel in that caption [percussion] this year with both Aungst and Larrivee in charge"

Bloo was 4th in 2009, in a very competitive caption. Lots of inertia there.

"Brass, with Sullivan as caption head, will be VERY competitive."

On paper (the recap and the current announcements from the corps), that looks like BS' best shot (BS likes to think it improved, and Bloo remained the same, staff-wise). Bloo was very young in 2009, but BS was only 2/10 behind. And we know relative scores mean EVERYTHING, right?

Note that by calling out Bloo, you're also assuming PR will be out of there again. IOW, TWO of the following corps will have to be "worse than" BS: PR, Bloo, SCV, Cavies, Cadets, Crown, BD.

I put my money on "not likely." It's not impossible...but HIGHLY unlikely!