Crossmen

DCFAN

I think Mark Chambers has done a good job keeping the corps afloat the last few years. Even getting Director of the Year at one point.

However, he should really listen and follow the vets in the corps that specifically addressed this issue, instead of just letting it fall on deaf ears.

Edited by Kyle B

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am excited to work with Aaron..excited for this team to really find their stride. The goal is to get back into finals and beyond. It's about no red flags regarding visual transitions, smart drill, clever streamlined pacing, a variety of well performed effects, produced arrival points, volume, etc. Looking forward to working with this team and the process of giving the members a quality product that fires on all 8 cylinders right out of the box.

cool

My fellow drum corpsians,

Please be cautious that you do not fall prey to the evils of mass panic. For it is merely October, and the long term effects of an announcement such as this are currently beyond the understanding of the mortal mind. Also keep in mind that it is entirely possible that the Drum Corps Messiah could descend upon the earth at any minute. And when this does happen, the time of judgement will begin. Surely when this happens, Aaron Guidry will be replaced. There are powers in the universe far greater than any word of Mark Chamber's.

It would also be wise to consider the possibility that Aaron Guidry could slip on a patch of ice, bump his head, and wake up the next morning with good musical taste. Although, for this to be the case, someone would need to find a way to ice the sidewalks of Las Vegas...

My point, dear friends, is that we must not give up hope so early. The unexpected has a tendency to occur when we least expect it.

And with these words, I take my leave.

Farewell for now.

I am excited to work with Aaron..excited for this team to really find their stride. The goal is to get back into finals and beyond. It's about no red flags regarding visual transitions, smart drill, clever streamlined pacing, a variety of well performed effects, produced arrival points, volume, etc. Looking forward to working with this team and the process of giving the members a quality product that fires on all 8 cylinders right out of the box.

This is good news. I hope it comes true.

A solution that I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet is why not have Goldberg arrange the music? He's a brass player, he's an arranger, and heck, he's even written for drum corps.

You aren't the only one to suggest this, because it was mentioned in a previous thread... don't remember what it was called, something about the 13-21 corps maybe? But it basically turned into a Crossmen thread.

My fellow drum corpsians,

Please be cautious that you do not fall prey to the evils of mass panic. For it is merely October, and the long term effects of an announcement such as this are currently beyond the understanding of the mortal mind. Also keep in mind that it is entirely possible that the Drum Corps Messiah could descend upon the earth at any minute. And when this does happen, the time of judgement will begin. Surely when this happens, Aaron Guidry will be replaced. There are powers in the universe far greater than any word of Mark Chamber's.

It would also be wise to consider the possibility that Aaron Guidry could slip on a patch of ice, bump his head, and wake up the next morning with good musical taste. Although, for this to be the case, someone would need to find a way to ice the sidewalks of Las Vegas...

My point, dear friends, is that we must not give up hope so early. The unexpected has a tendency to occur when we least expect it.

And with these words, I take my leave.

Farewell for now.

Win

My point is that in staying with Guidry still becomes a bigger risk for the Crossmen. I would thought that the corps would have mitigated that risk by going in another direction. Bottom line is that it's a lot to ask a kid to pay more than $2,500 to march with Crossmen and accept that risk. IMHO the drill from last year was written to compensate for the god awful music that the corps was given to play. I also agree with Jersey Boy that 2008 was better, but if you listen to the music it still does not hit the mark. What made 2008 work was a stellar color guard. I really hope the best for the corps, but I would have expected Guidry to be gone. Also, why is Goldberg not part of the design team?

i was in that guard in 08 and 07

08 was by far my favorite year marching the music was amazing to perform too

this is why the CROSSMEN VETS and ALUMNI should be hyped for 2010.

Mac is the best drum corps mind to come to the CROSSMEN design team in quite a long time maybe ever.

I do know that since the move to TEXAS the goa of the CROSSMEN is not to make finals for a year, or be in the 10-12 range every year , but put a team in place to some day WIN DCI.

:sad: :sad: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::tongue::worthy::sad:

07 was a starting point

08 they came very close to being BACK in finals. ( should have been . )

09 was a speed bump as the corps got off to a VERY slow start and never caught up. they were only 1.45 behind the TROOPERS on August 3rd . but the slotting and going on so early in quarters ( In front of a 41 minute break ) got to them at the end. Listen to the show again and listen to its competitors.

I believe the problems in design have been addressed. I Also believe the problems with the brass writing have been addressed. Yes , they are keeping Guidry but when he gets this DCI style down he will be MAGNIFICENT.

he now has the help and imput he needs.

this is why the CROSSMEN VETS and ALUMNI should be hyped for 2010.

Mac is the best drum corps mind to come to the CROSSMEN design team in quite a long time maybe ever.

I do know that since the move to TEXAS the goa of the CROSSMEN is not to make finals for a year, or be in the 10-12 range every year , but put a team in place to some day WIN DCI.

:sad: :sad: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::tongue::worthy::sad:

07 was a starting point

08 they came very close to being BACK in finals. ( should have been . )

09 was a speed bump as the corps got off to a VERY slow start and never caught up. they were only 1.45 behind the TROOPERS on August 3rd . but the slotting and going on so early in quarters ( In front of a 41 minute break ) got to them at the end. Listen to the show again and listen to its competitors.

I believe the problems in design have been addressed. I Also believe the problems with the brass writing have been addressed. Yes , they are keeping Guidry but when he gets this DCI style down he will be MAGNIFICENT.

he now has the help and imput he needs.

Really?