You won't believe what I just watched!

Eat your hearts out old timers... guess what I just watched? Black and White but not bad... very watchable AND the sound is pretty darn good...

I just received a DVD with both the Sr. portion of the 1967 Legion Nationals Mudfest in Fenway Park - featuring Hurcs, Cabs, Cru, Brigs - My avatar was taken by Moe Knox at this show...

AND

The entire 1967 CYO Nationals at Boston College featuring:

Position Corps Score

1 Boston Crusaders 88.080

2 Cavaliers 84.830

3 Blessed Sacrament 84.760

4 Garfield Cadets 81.630

5 Royal Airs 80.860

6 St. Lucy's Cadets 80.050

7 Blue Rock 78.500

8 St. Mary's Cardinals 77.780

9 St. Joseph's of Batavia 76.810

10 Saint Kevin's Emerald Knights 75.160

11 Toronto Optimists 74.800

12 Muchachos 74.680

13 IC Reveries 74.230

14 Bpt. PAL Cadets 71.680

This is like reliving history... my thanks so much to Steve Guadnagnino for providing it to me... So now we know this exists... I will find a way to get it to key people for historical preservation.

Oh, me! I'll keep a copy in my secret underground lair. I can even guard the vault door with sharks with lasers mounted on their heads!

Garry in Area 51

Oh, me! I'll keep a copy in my secret underground lair. I can even guard the vault door with sharks with lasers mounted on their heads!

Garry in Area 51

Sometimes I worry about Garry ......

Those would be really intersting to watch. You wouldn't believe the talent that some of the old time corps possessed, and it is great that footage exists, now if there is a way to legally market it so others may enjoy things like these without fear of big brother locking you up. Corps of the day, made up almost entirely of LOCALS who took pride in their city and local drum corps. It wasn't about 1000 dollar plane trips for two day weekend camps with a corps 2000 miles from home. It was you and your neighbors getting rides from each other to practice two miles away. Right now, if it wasn't for Texas, half of the big shots would cease to exist. If only those members took the initiative to march the Crossmen or Revolution, both corps would be instant top 5. Rant over :innocent:

Edited by 84skyrydr

This dvd is available from Drum Corps World.

Go to drumcorpsworld.com and click on the store site for historic cd's and dvd's.

Thanks, I will check that out. I don't know why I didn't think about that, but I didn't. Old age is getting me, slowly, everyday I feel another day older.... :tongue:

Eat your hearts out old timers... guess what I just watched? Black and White but not bad... very watchable AND the sound is pretty darn good...

I just received a DVD with both the Sr. portion of the 1967 Legion Nationals Mudfest in Fenway Park - featuring Hurcs, Cabs, Cru, Brigs - My avatar was taken by Moe Knox at this show...

AND

The entire 1967 CYO Nationals at Boston College featuring:

Position Corps Score

1 Boston Crusaders 88.080

2 Cavaliers 84.830

3 Blessed Sacrament 84.760

4 Garfield Cadets 81.630

5 Royal Airs 80.860

6 St. Lucy's Cadets 80.050

7 Blue Rock 78.500

8 St. Mary's Cardinals 77.780

9 St. Joseph's of Batavia 76.810

10 Saint Kevin's Emerald Knights 75.160

11 Toronto Optimists 74.800

12 Muchachos 74.680

13 IC Reveries 74.230

14 Bpt. PAL Cadets 71.680

This is like reliving history... my thanks so much to Steve Guadnagnino for providing it to me... So now we know this exists... I will find a way to get it to key people for historical preservation.

What do we have to do to get a copy of this masterpiece??

1967..........I watched parades with the Royal Coachmen and Suburban Knights in them.I was 7, 2 years away from becoming a drum corps addict OR, as the button stated, "Drum Corps Nut!"

What do we have to do to get a copy of this masterpiece??

Go to the DCP store and buy it for 100.00