Madison's Entire Staff Now In Place

I dont understand...are negative posts not allowed in Madison threads or something? Note - negative posts arent the same thing as trashing, flaming, or trolling, they are just well....negative. They are something other than "everything is amazing in every way shape and form with corps XYZ". Without these kinds of posts, dcp would not exist....we could just allow the announcement bot to send corps updates to our email accounts, and their would be no discussion. I have seen many threads on dcp turn to argument about everything under the sun, obviously...and that's fine, but I have never seen such a ludicrous debate over the legitimacy of posting conflicting opinions in the first place.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand...are negative posts not allowed in Madison threads or something? Note - negative posts arent the same thing as trashing, flaming, or trolling, they are just well....negative. They are something other than "everything is amazing in every way shape and form with corps XYZ". Without these kinds of posts, dcp would not exist....we could just allow the announcement bot to send corps updates to our email accounts, and their would be no discussion. I have seen many threads on dcp turn to argument about everything under the sun, obviously...and that's fine, but I have never seen such a ludicrous debate over the legitimacy of posting conflicting opinions in the first place.

And then there are those who live to stir the pot and rain on others parades.......Small self appointed President Buzz Kill's......They simply enjoy the fight but rarely add anything of substance or credibility. What's that thing that mothers used to teach their children......something regarding if you don't have anything good to say......

And then there are those who live to stir the pot and rain on others parades.......Small self appointed President Buzz Kill's......They simply enjoy the fight but rarely add anything of substance or credibility. What's that thing that mothers used to teach their children......something regarding if you don't have anything good to say......

true...there are those people, but i think catagorizing every person with a dissenting viewpoint as one of 'them', which has been done a few times in this thread, is wrong

No guilty. Not at all.

HH

How about that scout staff for 2010!

I'll be curious to hear how often a lot of those "consultants" and "supervisors" are around, especially the ones who are with other Finalist corps. Looking at the staff list I see a great list of advisors and consultants, an average list of caption heads and techs, some great designers who I very much welcome back into the fold (I'm looking at you Mr. Prime), and other designers who are designers for other Top 6 corps.

Obviously right now we have the Madison alumni/fans who are super excited with this staff and excited at the hope that Madison can competitively get back to their good ol' days of consistent Top 6 placements. On the other side of the coin you have people who are skeptic of how much the corps will improve (and I doubt anyone thinks this corps will not be better next year), and/or how much the all-star staff will be around/contribute to the corps' success and are there for big time names to attract higher quality membership. Usually when you have 'Caption Supervisors" and "Caption Heads" (or even co-Caption Heads), the Supervisors and Advisors are not around that often.

At this point we have absolutely nothing to go on (not even the usual over-hyped camp reports proclaiming this the greatest turn out in the history of the free world), and we won't truly know how good the staff is for Madison until July when the corps has been competing for a few weeks.

I'll be curious to hear how often a lot of those "consultants" and "supervisors" are around, especially the ones who are with other Finalist corps. Looking at the staff list I see a great list of advisors and consultants, an average list of caption heads and techs, some great designers who I very much welcome back into the fold (I'm looking at you Mr. Prime), and other designers who are designers for other Top 6 corps.

Obviously right now we have the Madison alumni/fans who are super excited with this staff and excited at the hope that Madison can competitively get back to their good ol' days of consistent Top 6 placements. On the other side of the coin you have people who are skeptic of how much the corps will improve (and I doubt anyone thinks this corps will not be better next year), and/or how much the all-star staff will be around/contribute to the corps' success and are there for big time names to attract higher quality membership. Usually when you have 'Caption Supervisors" and "Caption Heads" (or even co-Caption Heads), the Supervisors and Advisors are not around that often.

At this point we have absolutely nothing to go on (not even the usual over-hyped camp reports proclaiming this the greatest turn out in the history of the free world), and we won't truly know how good the staff is for Madison until July when the corps has been competing for a few weeks.

Yeah, but you also have to think the people that might not be around very often will, at the very least, have a say in the design and direction of the show. If there is one thing Madison has suffered from lately, it's poor show design. I think they will get better simply by having people around and involved that can design a good, cohesive, entertaining product that makes sense and is fun for the kids to perform and for the audience to see. Even if certain people aren't around all the time, big names included, you have to think they will have a big say in the show design and, as a result, make the corps better.

Edited by contrajedi8

Yeah, but you also have to think the people that might not be around very often will, at the very least, have a say in the design and direction of the show. If there is one thing Madison has suffered from lately, it's poor show design. I think they will get better simply by having people around and involved that can design a good, cohesive, entertaining product that makes sense and is fun for the kids to perform and for the audience to see. Even if certain people aren't around all the time, big names included, you have to think they will have a big say in the show design and, as a result, make the corps better.

That makes sense, and it seems alot of corps have that dynamic with staff. The caption heads aren't always

around, but they design and coordinate the show so it is teachable and cleanable...and they have

a system in place so that the techs are on the same page with them. Hopefully, that is how it will

be with the new Madison staff. And scores/placements not withstanding, we will hopefully see a show

that gives out plenty of goosebumps and pushes the stands back a couple feet!

Why did you even reply to his comment?

How about that scout staff for 2010!

Not sure. Why do you ask?

Looks like a great staff. Dying to know what sort of program they have in mind. Theirs isn't an easy task. As we've seen in this thread, the expectations are outsized, and there are factions who might not be as contemporary in their thinking as some of that staff. Appealing to both the judges and certain fans will continue to be the difficult balance it has been for much of the past decade or more in Madison. Surely those program discussion have to be some of the most interesting this year in DCI.

HH

:tongue:

You just validated my entire point.

Seriously, you have made it your job to throw your own wet blanket on anything positive about Madison. It doesn't matter if there's overhype or not, you can't help yourself. It's really at the point most of us know when you're going to be weighing in and what you usually say. And then you play passive aggressive games like no one knows what you're up to. I don't believe there's anyone, Madison fan or not, who regularly reads these forums who doesn't know before hand that you're going to do this.

One wonders where this need to descend into every Madison thread and do the same thing every time comes from. I don't think I've ever seen anyone waste so much time talking about an organization they clearly are not impressed with or who apparently can't stand it when other people are. Madison alumni and fans REALLLY want to see Madison be a contender again. And yeah the hype gets pretty thick at times. What about that bothers you so?