2010 Predictions (Thats right, its THAT time of the off-season)

The fact that you performed it is probably the reason you don't hear things wrong. Trust me- I know I didn't hear many of the things others complained about back when I marched. When you know how something is supposed to sound, you hear it differently than someone who doesn't know, and only gets the end product. Take a deep breath, and take these predictions for what they are- people having fun and hyping their favorite corps. It's gonna be ok.

:laughing:

on a side note: here are my predictions:

1. Crown: finally put it together with a great show design, epic brass, good percussion and a fantastic guard.

2. Cadets: Drop even more voice, put on another great show, bringing back the quality we remember.

3. BD: bring back the BD we know and love, with a great brass book, solid visuals, but dropping the furniture.

4. SCV: A return to the top for the red and green team, with the the best show since Sheherezade

5. Cav's: Continue to rest on their laurels, but without the quality of the 2002-2006 era. Show design keeps them from going higher

6. Blue Stars: Surprise finish over the course of the last 2 weeks of the season; the presence of an army of props is used effectively, but still keeps them from going higher. Increasing improvement over the season in the percussion section helps, too.

7. Blue Coats: Good show, but they decide to take off their pants this year, which doesn't go over well with the audience.

8. Boston: continue their duel with the Blue Stars, but end up on the wrong side this season.

9. Phantom: Rebuilding year for the regiment- better show design, but still not up to the standards of 1989/2006.

10. Troopers: Continue their climb to stardom, with an incredible show.

11. Glassmen: Finally, a boost for the G-men. An inspired show, but not quite the confidence to pull it off. Next year is looking up, though.

12. Spirit: Strong showing, but the community sees their show as too 'marching band'; good execution, but the design holds them back.

13. Colts: Almost return to finals, but an unoriginal show keeps them from getting anywhere but 12th, despite solid execution.

Should be a great year on Saturday night!!! :beer::lol::beer:

I laughed so hard I cried :hehe::lol:

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Devils become so innovative they get the placement of 0th. No score can be found to explain how perfect they are.

Cadets learn to fly, making 2-D drum corps a thing of the past.

Cavaliers "WOW" audiences with the best visual production ever seen by human beings. The only thing that surpasses its aesthetic beauty is the actual show shirt.

Carolina Crown gets 1st place, but since the Blue Devils transcended the former boundary of 1st place, the victory for Crown is bitter sweet.

Vanguard brings a symphony orchestra on tour.

Bluecoats show up, but do not perform, and take 6th place anyway.

Phantom Regiment leaves DCI to create its own Soap Net.

BAC's guard uses very similar outfits to 09, and everyone is happy.

The Blue Stars are bought by the Dallas Cowboys, because Jerry Jones can do whatever he wants.

Glassmen go back to 11th place for another few years, they missed it.

Academy, Troopers, the Colts and Madison all tie for 12th place because nobody can decide which corps is actually better.

...alas! My tea leaves are all used up. Good night.

:beer:

:laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

Huh?.... cavaliers were in the top 5 were they not....?

Actually all three of the conductors are rookies to Regiment.

They're all amazing, btw.

Amazing at what?

Giving flashy gestures?

yes...that's all they're good for doing. to stand there, be pretty, and wave artistically.

Glad we got that cleared up.

It's nice to see you in such a chipper mood at this time of night.

I am not being negative. I do believe that Phantom does put an emphasis on looks over leadership when they pick the DM's. This is obvious to me for a few reasons:

1. They pick 3 rookies to be drum major... meaning there is no institutional memory on the podium.

2. By watching them conduct in many years past (not all), the drum major was not leading the time.. but instead they were locking on to the sound of the drums and communicating the emotions of the program though gesture... sometimes they had folks up there that looked great, but weren't driving the ensemble one bit.

3. You don't really know how solid someone is as a leader until you have seen them during the summer actually leading. Also, you can't really evaluate them as a conductor in a gymnasium in the winter with the metronome going either... but they don't have to because they don't really drive the time.

All of this is not to say that what Phantom does is wrong. They have a method that they use and it works for them. Also, there is a reason that they have ridiculous numbers auditioning for DM every year, because they have a reputation of being showman. That's ok. That is their thing.