2010 Predictions (Thats right, its THAT time of the off-season)

I don't understand.

Haven't they already made the 6th place trophy for Bluecoats this year? :P

1. Crown

2. Cavies

3. SCV

4. BD

5. PR

6. Bloo

7. Cadets

8. Boston

9. Madison

10. Troop

11. Bluestars

12. Academy

13. Colts

13. BK

15. Spirit

16. Crossmen

17. Glassmen

18.Crest

19. Surf

20. Pioneers

21. Teal

22. Mandarins

23. Cascades

Madison?!

BD?!

Blue Stars!?

Cadets?!

Academy?!

Glassmen!?

PR?!

I think those are all in the wrong places...

Edited by Rimba47

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison?!

BD?!

Blue Stars!?

Cadets?!

Academy?!

Glassmen!?

PR?!

It's preseason, we haven't seen much.

Madison - They seem to be going back to old school scouts, that's a force to be reckoned with.

BD - Not that they won't be good, but hopefully the early 2000's cavies are back and SCV continues up.

Blue Stars - i'm honestly bored with their shows sometimes,

Cadets - see BD

Academy - their upwards trend, they won Div 2 in their 5th year of existence, and was one spot out of WC finals the next year. '08 wasn't a good year, and '09 they came back kicking. 2010, watch out.

Glassmen - see Blue stars, except the whole time.

PR- You think that Phantom won't get that high? If anything that's going to be low for them.

Madison?!

BD?!

Blue Stars!?

Cadets?!

Academy?!

Glassmen!?

PR?!

Well, the thread did ask for BOLD predictions. Noone said anything about informed or intelligent :tongue: :tongue:

I don't see how that's bold. We don't even know Crown's show yet.

It's sarcasm. :tongue:

Well, I've got to do one of these, too. This year we will see the highest average finals score in DCI's history.

1. Cavaliers / Crown -- This year it's going to be a mad world of second chances...

3. Blue Devils --? Uh, they're the Blue Devils. They have the best track record in DCI!

4. Cadets -- Toy Soldiers to the rescue!

5. Bluecoats / Santa Clara Vanguard -- Another year of multiple ties in DCI finals!

7. Phantom Regiment / Blue Stars - I think Phantom's back and Blue Stars are on the rise. Both break 94 in finals!

9. Blue Knights - I am pretty excited by their musical choices for 2010. They will break 93 in finals.

10. Madison - Oh yea, I'm rooting for 'em! They break 91 in finals.

11. Boston Crusaders - ? Break 90 at finals.

12. Troopers - They're better than last year, break 90 in quarter finals, only to land in 12th.

13. Glassmen / The Academy - The Academy steps it up to another level. Glassmen are as good as last year but not good enough for Glass place.

15. Colts - I'm not sure what to expect.

16. Crossmen - Some major improvement from last year. It's just not enough this year.

17. Spirit of Atlanta - Spirit back in Atlanta with new uniforms. I'm not sure what to expect.

18. Pacific Crest - Another big improvement over last year.

19. Pioneer - Wow, these guy have their largest corps in years and jump a few spots!

20. Mandarins - They've picked more good musical choices for them, but the competition is too fierce to move higher!

21. Cascades - Surprise everyone and come from 23 to 21.

22. Jersey Surf - Part time corps does well. I'm not sold on the music selection, but I'm eager to be sold on them.

23. Teal Sound - Who knows? This could be some sic ####! I wish them the best!

Edited by jjeffeory

I don't see how that's bold. We don't even know Crown's show yet.

Just saying everyone is putting Crown in first or second... not putting them there is going to make people think you are wierd in the head :tongue:

my predictions...

1. Cadets- Have had great horn lines and visual programs the last few years... As long as they don't go back to talking shows, they'll be in the top 3 this year.

2. BD- Will take their season undefeated into Allentown, and lose the lead in the last week of summer.

3. Crown- Great progress the last few years, and will be great again this year, but will not take the top spot. Maybe next year?

4- Cavaliers- After their show last year (really disappointed me), they've got to prove to me they belong in the top 3 again.

5- SCV- Will be a crowd favorite again, but will place the same as they did last year

6-Blue Stars- Great progress the last few years will help them jump a few spots, and won't disappoint this year.

7- Phantom- Its going to take more than one year to re-build them to the level they were at in 08.

8- Bluecoats- Will be as good as they were last year, but the level of competition will rise above their current bar of expectation, causing a position drop.

9-Boston Crusaders- Same as Bluecoats.

10- Glassmen- Their shows always bore me to death, but they'll find a way to get the scores they get.

11- Colts- not much off season news, but after i heard their brass book in person, i can guarantee they're not going to have another "average" show. This year will be a real turning year for them, and the all new staff will be a big part of it.

12- Madison- Despite all of the hype, I don't see them much higher than 12-13 range. They will be better and will soon return to their old selves, but its not a one-year rebuilding process for them.

13- Blue Knights- Scores and positions slide this year, partially due to show design.

14- Troopers- I'm not sure they are ready to contend year to year in the top 12. This year will be similar to 08

15- Academy- Good improvement over the last few years, but need to show that they want to put themselves into the top.

16- Spirit- Better than last year, but will need a few more years to get back where they want to be.

The top 4 or 5 will be extremely close, as will 10-14. Average finals scores will be up from years past, with the top 9 at or above 90.5.

Madison?!

BD?!

Blue Stars!?

Cadets?!

Academy?!

Glassmen!?

PR?!

Don't be surprised if any of them are correct on finals night.

For example....if we were predicting 2009 before the fact, who would have thought Phantom would dropped to 9th place? Then no one would think that would come true.....we all know how that turned out.

Well, I've got to do one of these, too. This year we will see the highest average finals score in DCI's history.

1. Cavaliers / Crown -- This year it's going to be a mad world of second chances...

3. Blue Devils --? Uh, they're the Blue Devils. They have the best track record in DCI!

4. Cadets -- Toy Soldiers to the rescue!

5. Bluecoats / Santa Clara Vanguard -- Another year of multiple ties in DCI finals!

7. Phantom Regiment / Blue Stars - I think Phantom's back and Blue Star are on the rise. Both break 94 in finals!

9. Blue Knights - I am pretty excited by their musical choices for 2010. They will break 93 in finals.

10. Madison - Oh yea, I'm rooting for 'em! They break 91 in finals.

11. Boston Crusaders - ? Break 90 at finals.

12. Troopers - They're better than last year, break 90 in quarter finals, only to land in 12th.

13. Glassmen / The Academy - The Academy steps it up to another level. Glassmen are as good as last year but not good enough for Glass place.

15. Colts - I'm not sure what to expect.

16. Crossmen - Some major improvement from last year. It's just not enough this year.

17. Spirit of Atlanta - Spirit back in Atlanta with new uniforms. I'm not sure what to expect.

18. Pacific Crest - Another big improvement over last year.

19. Pioneer - Wow, these guy have their largest corps in years and jump a few spots!

20. Mandarins - They've picked more good musical choices for them, but the competition is too fierce to move higher!

21. Cascades - Surprise everyone and come from 23 to 21.

22. Jersey Surf - Part time corps does well. I'm not sold on the music selection, but I'm eager to be sold on them.

23. Teal Sound - Who knows? This could be some sic ####! I wish them the best!

:tongue: