The history of the Westshoremen

I forgot about Chip and Dave and their "leg  humping" no WONDER we had to run those laps !

Remember how we all used to run to the back of the field when he said it was exercise time? hoping he wouldn't see us laying on the ground like beached whales???...what was HE on?

Saw Jim N at the Archie show and he hasn't changed a bit...too scarey. Why did I "age" and Jim got stuck in "the forever the same mode". Exactly like Wally...some people have all the luck ! Saw Dave K last week too. He asked about you. He hasn't changed much either...less hair...well shh don't tell NO hair...but, still Brother Dave ! He and Greg (Red Beard) are going to the Reading show with a bunch of us.

wally has too aged. he got rid of the sideburns :P

Make sure you tell both Dave and Greg I said hi! Haven't seen either in a millenium!

I forgot about Chip and Dave and their "leg  humping" no WONDER we had to run those laps !

Remember how we all used to run to the back of the field when he said it was exercise time? hoping he wouldn't see us laying on the ground like beached whales???...what was HE on?

Saw Jim N at the Archie show and he hasn't changed a bit...too scarey. Why did I "age" and Jim got stuck in "the forever the same mode". Exactly like Wally...some people have all the luck ! Saw Dave K last week too. He asked about you. He hasn't changed much either...less hair...well shh don't tell NO hair...but, still Brother Dave ! He and Greg (Red Beard) are going to the Reading show with a bunch of us.

Scott NONE of us ever finished those laps !!! I still hear him screaming at us.....

"THIS AIN'T NO CLAMBAKE...MOVE IT"

going to the Reading show?

I had plans on going all along, but since the Hershey show is a no go, this one turned into my can't miss. Ya know, I can actually hear him screaming that at the top of his lungs! :P

Edited by buzzgok

I had plans on going all along, but since the Hershey show is a no go, this one turned into my can't miss.  Ya know, I can actually hear him screaming that at the top of his lungs!  :P

this is great ! We will HAVE to tailgate there !!! Greg,Lisa, David and George (bus driver) are all going together...we were planning on taking a van...if you want to ride along let me know !!! The only thing is, you MIGHT have to sit beside a cooler...LOL b**bs

###### contra and some friends are planning on meeting us there... we were joking no need to mark the cars...just listen for emptys hitting the inside of the trunk !

Ben, I will surely let the guys know you said hi. We were trying to talk DISCO into putting in an apprearance. Do you think he still has that tee shirt he always wore with DISCO DENNY on the front of it? I think about the banquet and how he appeared in the lobby of the hotel in Philly with wearing those white "Barry Manilow" pants and boots...with that dang tee shirt to complete his "ensemble". We should have denied knowing him.

Gosh, we DID have a great time, didn't we? Although, I was NEVER a fan of camp at the Gap...I had to wash the floor while sobering up from drinking 2 qts of MALT DUCK. WHO invented that C-r-a-p?!?!

Edited by boomboom

Jim Neidinger!  Well of course it did...if Larry Hershmen was God, then Jim was Jesus Christ! hahaha!

Whatever happened to Jim?  (I've known him since I was a little kid, he used to hang out with my brother)

I drove to Atlanta for DCI finals in 1984 with Jim and Phil (forget his last name, but he was a skydiver) in Phil's Renault Alliance. When it was my turn to drive, I got behind the wheel before I told them I didn't know how to drive a stick shift. Once we got on the highway, it was fine...

Still remember eating free at McDonald's practically every time we stopped because they had an olympic special going on and the US kept winning gold medals (no Soviet bloc that year).

Also remember being amazed at Spirit's bass line playing the olympic theme for their I&E number.

I only went to Indiantown Gap once, but I remember the first two hours of Friday night very well...

Wish I could go to the Reading show, but my family's having a reunion that day. Also wish I was closer to the east coast, sounds like two of my 5 former corps are doing pretty well.

No drum corps shows here in NW Arkansas...

Edited by DaveTenor

MALT DUCK! Holy #### ! Iremember that CRAP! OY Jeezuz! Personally I think it was made of fermented duck urine!

Deeeeeessssscoooo!

Anyone remember getting kicked out of Boston? (yes the whol freaking TOWN of Boston!) Ruth, when you see Dave, ask if he remembers wearing the guard skirt in the parade! (and carrying booze in our stick bags!)

this is great ! We will HAVE to tailgate there !!! Greg,Lisa, David and George (bus driver) are all going together...we were planning on taking a van...if you want to ride along let me know !!! The only thing is, you MIGHT have to sit beside a cooler...LOL b**bs

###### contra and some friends are planning on meeting us there... we were joking no need to mark the cars...just listen for emptys hitting the inside of the trunk ! 

Ben, I will surely let the guys know you said hi.  We were trying to talk DISCO into putting in an apprearance. Do you think he still has that tee shirt he always wore with DISCO DENNY on the front of it? I think about the banquet and how he appeared in the lobby of the hotel in Philly with wearing those white "Barry Manilow" pants and boots...with that dang tee shirt to complete his "ensemble". We should have denied knowing him.

Gosh, we DID have a great time, didn't we?  Although, I was NEVER a fan of camp at the Gap...I had to wash the floor while sobering up from drinking 2 qts of MALT DUCK.  WHO invented that C-r-a-p?!?!

Remember Dave...they're just bed spins! (I can picture your face right now! hahaha!)

--snip--

I only went to Indiantown Gap once, but I remember the first two hours of Friday night very well...

--snip--

Ben, I will surely let the guys know you said hi.  We were trying to talk DISCO into putting in an apprearance. Do you think he still has that tee shirt he always wore with DISCO DENNY on the front of it? I think about the banquet and how he appeared in the lobby of the hotel in Philly with wearing those white "Barry Manilow" pants and boots...with that dang tee shirt to complete his "ensemble". We should have denied knowing him.

Gosh, we DID have a great time, didn't we?  Although, I was NEVER a fan of camp at the Gap...I had to wash the floor while sobering up from drinking 2 qts of MALT DUCK.  WHO invented that C-r-a-p?!?!

Thanks for the invite, I'll let you know!

Malt duck, OMG that stuff is worse than anything I have ever had! That is some nasty s**t!

:rock:

I drove to Atlanta for DCI finals in 1984 with Jim and Phil (forget his last name, but he was a skydiver) in Phil's Renault Alliance.  When it was my turn to drive, I got behind the wheel before I told them I didn't know how to drive a stick shift.  Once we got on the highway, it was fine...

Still remember eating free at McDonald's practically every time we stopped because they had an olympic special going on and the US kept winning gold medals (no Soviet bloc that year).

Also remember being amazed at Spirit's bass line playing the olympic theme for their I&E number.

Wish I could go to the Reading show, but my family's having a reunion that day.  Also wish I was closer to the east coast, sounds like two of my 5 former corps are doing pretty well.

No drum corps shows here in NW Arkansas...

Phil Gold.

MALT DUCK! Holy #### ! Iremember that CRAP!  OY Jeezuz! Personally I think it was made of fermented duck urine!

Deeeeeessssscoooo!

Anyone remember getting kicked out of Boston? (yes the whol freaking TOWN of Boston!)  Ruth, when you see Dave, ask if he remembers wearing the guard skirt in the parade! (and carrying booze in our stick bags!)

I think I remember. At least I remember "the fat man" at the hotel and the state police in the parking lot as we were leaving.

Edited by rhandy