The history of the Westshoremen

I'm trying to scan the page from the program as we speak...hope I can download it. It's pretty funny

Rich Sennett...aka...Wino

gosh...we were an HONEST bunch weren't we?

wait til i find that pic of him as DM for hershey :P

Ruth, I just really do not remember that name, what was Paul Irwin's nic? I think he was on bass 2. Gary, aka Apache was bass 1, Paul, aka weasel was bass 3, I was 4 and Boltz was 5

Paul got that one in the late 70s when it looked like he was hitting up on someone elses girlfriend. Pretty sure Terry Martin (later on Cabs staff) pegged with that one. Can still hear "Look at Paul weaselling around.... Hey Weasel.... Yeah you Paul". :P

Sigh - Just realized I'm out of Alumni again this year. Weekends are getting too full and just realized we're leaving for a cruise the day after Serenade. No way I can spend most of Saturday doing corps and be ready to hit HIA sometime Sunday (still don't have the friggin' plane tickets yet). Only good news is I'll see the Forum show and can take pics.

Yeah...Weasel! hahahaha! I remember that!

Paul got that one in the late 70s when it looked like he was hitting up on someone elses girlfriend. Pretty sure Terry Martin (later on Cabs staff) pegged with that one. Can still hear "Look at Paul weaselling around.... Hey Weasel.... Yeah you Paul". :P

Sigh - Just realized I'm out of Alumni again this year. Weekends are getting too full and just realized we're leaving for a cruise the day after Serenade. No way I can spend most of Saturday doing corps and be ready to hit HIA sometime Sunday (still don't have the friggin' plane tickets yet). Only good news is I'll see the Forum show and can take pics.

McCann! Nice guy, good individual drummer but stick him in a line and YIKES! Manson was the same way, another guy with one heck of a set of hands, but they couldn't play in a line! Too many years in that Maryland Individual circuit, I guess!!!

McCann! I spent 1988 next to him in Reading's snareline. You're right, nice guy but I learned how to turn off my right ear. Also had a lot of his sweat on my right elbow from his shoulder... he missed some direction changes.

Manson -- I worked with him at his dad's flooring company in 1985. I was supposed to catch a ride to Reading with him the Friday before the first show. He was about two hours late picking me up in Westminster. Said he got all the way to York, turned to say something to me and realized that he forgot to pick me up. We missed rehearsal, drove to Danville and Jim spent the night memorizing tenor parts on a picnic table. I think he had just gotten cut from the snareline a week or two before...

Yeah...Weasel! hahahaha! I remember that!

When Paul saw Animal House at one of the downtown theaters :sshh: or Eric Twin on Derry Street (yuck) had a wierd experience. First there was almost a fight in front of him before the movie started.. Some white guy with a 'fro didn't like the "Hey Tumbleweed" remark someone made.

Then when the Deltas get their nicknames 'I dub thee Flounder, I dub thee Pinto". One of the minor characters is told "I dub thee... Weasel". :lol:

Ironically...I just drove by there tonight and the Eric Twin on Derry is torn down!! (as well as the old G-man that was there..) I saw a whole buncha movies there, and drank a LOT of beer at that G-man!

When Paul saw Animal House at one of the downtown theaters :sshh: or Eric Twin on Derry Street (yuck) had a wierd experience. First there was almost a fight in front of him before the movie started.. Some white guy with a 'fro didn't like the "Hey Tumbleweed" remark someone made.

Then when the Deltas get their nicknames 'I dub thee Flounder, I dub thee Pinto". One of the minor characters is told "I dub thee... Weasel". :rolleyes:

Hey Dave...where ya been?

McCann wasn't in the 88 snareline?!?! Didn't you play tenors in 88? :rolleyes::bleah::bleah:

Oh man...that's CLASSIC Manson! He was definately in a different world than the rest of us!

McCann! I spent 1988 next to him in Reading's snareline. You're right, nice guy but I learned how to turn off my right ear. Also had a lot of his sweat on my right elbow from his shoulder... he missed some direction changes.

Manson -- I worked with him at his dad's flooring company in 1985. I was supposed to catch a ride to Reading with him the Friday before the first show. He was about two hours late picking me up in Westminster. Said he got all the way to York, turned to say something to me and realized that he forgot to pick me up. We missed rehearsal, drove to Danville and Jim spent the night memorizing tenor parts on a picnic table. I think he had just gotten cut from the snareline a week or two before...

Ironically...I just drove by there tonight and the Eric Twin on Derry is torn down!! (as well as the old G-man that was there..) I saw a whole buncha movies there, and drank a LOT of beer at that G-man!

Heh, anytime I needed a six of German Dark Beer back in the early 80s, the G-man there was the place to go. Bought a lot of six packs as Birthday presents there.

Hmmmm Dinkleacker mmmmmmm <$1 to Homer J Simpson>

Hey Dave...where ya been?

McCann wasn't in the 88 snareline?!?! Didn't you play tenors in 88? :rolleyes::bleah::bleah:

Oh man...that's CLASSIC Manson! He was definately in a different world than the rest of us!

I've been around, just not posting much lately. Also been over on BucsBoards where there are a couple of similar "memory lane" threads.

Here is the 1988 snareline:

1988_Snares.jpg

(L-R) Bill Battaglia, Mike McCann, Me, Rich Severa, Joe Vizza and Skee Derr

Also, just in case you've blocked it out:

1988_Ben.jpg

Edited by DaveTenor

Didn't you play tenors in 88? :rolleyes::bleah::bleah:

Tenors were Mike Tatman and Tim Mengel. Mike was an ex-Marine with a great sense of humor and I believe Tim went to Cadets the next year.

Edited by DaveTenor