The history of the Westshoremen

btw you guys, i have asked that we do tunes from 83 for next year.

tenor feature anyone?

tenor feature anyone?

Alright...I'll play toms! (I still remember the feature too!)

tenor feature anyone?

"Love For Sale," perhaps? That was a cool chart.

Fran

Ben: Which stick moves to you mean, when we marched tymp or played toms? I remember both :). I'll tell Mr Rook your recruiting him :)

As for Love for Sale now there is Kick ### tune. I borrowed some CD's from a buddy of mine at work last week "Burning for Buddy" A Tribute To The Music Of Buddy Rich with some pretty awesome guest drummers. Love For Sale came on and it brought back memories. Of course I got yelled at by the wife for cranking it. Geeeze where is her appreciation of great music.

The tymp stick moves...you know the ones that we stole from 27th's tymp line! hahaha! Remember the Hanover show that year (when were were ripped on the Stroh's pounders that Donnie and Brian Sweger brought! hahaha!)

I remember the next practice trying to remember them...

Tom stick moves? can't remember those! hahaha!!! (I left a lot of brain cells in the 80's!)

Yeah..Love for Sale was a rippin' tune! Tom parts went 75 miles per hour!!!

Ha.... I do remember those and the Hanover show. Come on back out to Columbus and we can see between us what we remember...... I'm not sure if's old age or what but the brain cells aren't what they used to be :).

As for the tom parts in Love for sale you mean the

Bigity Bigity Bigity Bigity

Bigity Bigity PARTS:)

Bigity Bigity

Sing it like this....

Looooove for sale...bigity bigity bigity bigity bigity love for sale digitygok..bigity bigity bigity bigity bigity dut da da dadut daaaaaaaabigity gok! da da dut daadut da dadaaaaaaaaa.

guzz guz ga duzzzzzzzzz guzz guz ga duzzzzzzzzz guzzzzzzzzzzeeeeerrrrrrrrrrACK! b-doomm.....

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!bigity bigity bigity bigity gok!

and so on........

tenor feature anyone?

bass 2 has been claimed!

Holy Guacamole...Jimmy Fawber, Stevie Fiderelchi, Ben Jammin', Ricky Lou, Little Jeffrey Ream, "Fast Frankie"...How the #### y'all been? I read some of the stuff and was having flashbacks.

I remember meeting this long-haired snare drummer when I was trying out for Westshore in '78 - Nice Guy! I stayed at his place in some Godforsaken place called Etters one weekend after Jack Riley? hit a guardrail...

At that point, Rick was an arogant little ######## who, with his side-kick Jeffrey Lee - even aroganter, was workin' his way up through the drumline. I partnered with Jeffrey Lee, Rick Thompson and Jeff Ream's Dad, Wally, to make the tom line. What a hoot...Wally was like 32, I was 18, Jeff Radabaugh was 17 and Rick T. was 16 - we were a mess, but turned out OK.

I think I sat with Steve's sister Tina on the bus ride to New Orleans - all Westshore was was Filipellis and Yankee Rebels!!!

"Rook...Rook...Is that you? Yeah Dave, it's me. Rook, where we at? The bus driver said we just entered Kentucky. No #### Rook. OK. Everybody UP, we're gonna miss Kin-tucky!!!..." Dave Krauss, who with Mike McShane, was neck and neck for the craziest ######## I ever met.

I also met a couple of nice kids who marched in a cute little corps called the Chocolateers. Their unis where #### brown, but I guess where they were from, people called it chocolate. Some kid named Ben and another named Craig. Wide-eyed, wanna-be-in-a-big-corps kids. Be careful whatcha ask for... We may end up wearin' long blue coats before we finally win drums, but that's a whole other story.

I was 18...what the #### did I know? Now I'm not 18 - What the #### do I know!?! I still remember my first Stroh's after Danville, though!!!

Steve