The history of the Westshoremen

Waaaay back in the 70s I was given a (badly) Xeroxed article from the Sunday Patriot News from July 19. 1953. Article had to do with a certain Drum Corps named the West Shoremen (that's the way it's spelled) who won the VFW Championships in 1952 and was gunning to repeat. Had the history of the corps up to 1952 INCLUDING a Jr corps that was started in '35 at Post 1462 (West Shore Post).

For the last 20 years I've benn kicking myself 'cause I thought I lost it and no one else kept their copy. Well la-dee-freakin'-da I just found it in a manila folder while looking for old bills.

Might be a few weeks but plan to retype this beast and post it here and RAMD.

Quit drooling Jeff :spit:

PS - 1953 the corps had 40 horns, 8 drummers, 8 color guard, 1 guide on and 1 DM. Looks like a big 58 member corps to me.

wally, templin and Stroh's

wally_n_templin.jpg

Nice pics

It's way past my bed time, but I had to read this whole thread! Thanks for the history, Jeff. Good times, good times... It would be very cool to hear from more of the mid-90's people - anyone out there?

Miss you guys lots!

Beth "Sprout" Hoffman

Ah, the sweet smell of success. Westshore sucessfully closed the parking lot at Hershey last night. Nice to see that there are some traditions that don't fade away with time!

yes we did, as per usual! Beth hey babe how's TN?

and yes, i watered the Ricky Lee memorial Bushes last night. saw both Schomburg boys. man they are night and day from each other. a ton of alumni there, all eras. we need to make an organized party outta this.

yes we did, as per usual! Beth hey babe how's TN?

and yes, i watered the Ricky Lee memorial Bushes last night. saw both Schomburg boys. man they are night and day from each other. a ton of alumni there, all eras. we need to make an organized party outta this.

Well, we have a whole year to plan for next years' show.

Jeff:

I'm glad someone took care of it for me :). It was great seeing everyone at the show. Both Craig (My Bro) and myself gave our contact info to Wally. Hopefully we get added to the Alumni list. Would love to be kept posted on what is going on. Sure did bring back some great memories last night.