The history of the Westshoremen

At least until the Republican Convention is over...it COULD be a breach of National Security...we COULD tell you now...but if we did, we'd have to tickle you...but I'm not at liberty to say what we would tickle you WITH...

i'm not allowed to say.

yet.

^0^

no Larry made me promise. and when E. F. Hershman speaks, everyone listens

Ahhhh....Uncle Lar!

no Larry made me promise. and when E. F. Hershman speaks, everyone listens

When my sister was in Central Dauphins band (early 80s), Mr Sermonette :P was working with Carlisles band. During the halftime show of the CD-Carlisle game, Larry was standing on the roof of CDs pressbox doing the critique of the show.

Everyone else was watching the band, my family was watching Larry really.... REALLY getting into the critique bit (arm waving, bouncing up and down, the whole bit). Carlisle sounded great, but Larry was the visuals..... :P

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

oh Jim, emind me to dig up some old Larry judges tapes.

Good ev-e-ning West Perry....

classic.

hey anyone going to the Holiday Inn on 9/11?

Hello all,

Enclosed is info for the September vollyball beer bash, dvd release party, and even the 2005 Westshore Alumni winter schedule. If you are seeing this, and you didn't get the letter, or arent on the mailing list, please do the following:

go to www.fivestarbrass.com/westshore and send an email.

send a line in the mail to P.O. Box 202, Carlisle PA 17013

or...just call Bill Light at 717-652-1393nd be sure toi interrupt whatever plans Rose has for his retirement.

now for the news.....

Saturday, 9/11 from 12-4 we will celebrate that day the DVD release party, as well as volleyball(weather permitting) and a beer bash at the Holiday Inn West(aka Wandas for the locals). You may remember it from winter rehearsals last year. it's easy.....from I 81 in either direction, take the exit for Rt 581, and then take the Carlisle Pike exit. the hotel is on your right. From 83, take 581 west to the Carlisle Pike exit. from 76 take 83 to 581 to the Carlisle Pike exit.

if i dont have where you're coming from, email me.

The DVD premier starts at noon sharp, and this DVD is 40 minutes, chronicling the history of the corps from the 40's thru the 2002 Forum Concert. Never before footage from the 70's, 80;s and 90's as well as last years performance at The Forum is included.

to order, send $20 to the Westshoremen, at PO BOX 202, Carlisle PA 17013. If you dont have the order form, just send a form indicating your name and address, if you want dvd or VHS, and if you will pick it up on the 20th or want it mailed.

if you plan on picking it up on 9/11, please have your order in by 9/7.

or email me and i'll scan the form and email it to you.

And now....2005. it'll make last year look like 2004 ($1 to Lee)

mark these dates down.

Sunday 1/30, drums 12-4, brass 1-4

Sunday 2/27 drums 12-4, brass 1-4

Sunday 3/20 drums 12-5, brass 1-5.

those dates are all tentatively scheduled for Susquehanna Twp HS.

Saturday, 4/9...the 30th anniverary of Serenade in Brass. expect to, as always, live at the Forum all day.

Anything i forgot, or if you have questions, email myself at jeffsnewjetta@aol.com or go to the corps website.

Yeah, I plan on being there.