The history of the Westshoremen

and my favorite Dave Rohrer quote to the Carlisle band in 2002 when they had a shot at winning ACC's:

"It is ok to score 100 you know. You may need it, Westminster is good!"

and my favorite Dave Rohrer quote to the Carlisle band in 2002 when they had a shot at winning ACC's:

Was that the year Westminster did that goofy computer show? I liked them the year or two before that when they did Holst. Have a good story concerning that show...

Was that the year Westminster did that goofy computer show? I liked them the year or two before that when they did Holst. Have a good story concerning that show...

I know it was 2002 when they won Group 4, but I don't remember the show. I still say they should have won in 98

My best Dave story was before we beat CV for the first time during their "dynasty" run...we were at a show (I think maybe Cedar Cliff) and I was able to watch most of the performances before ours (lugging pit junk) and Dave came up to me and goes "So how'd we look against everyone else" Good, not their best show, I think even Red Land beat us.... he was like "get out, no way!" I was like... Yeah they were hot! And IIRC, I was just joking to get him into his usual "oh crap" mode, but I thought Red Land DID put on a decent show that night...may have been home crowd stuff, who knows...but in the end they DID beat us that night, (we were off) and Dave was afraid to ask me how we stacked up from that point on! :tongue:

My best Dave story was before we beat CV for the first time during their "dynasty" run...we were at a show (I think maybe Cedar Cliff) and I was able to watch most of the performances before ours (lugging pit junk) and Dave came up to me and goes "So how'd we look against everyone else" Good, not their best show, I think even Red Land beat us.... he was like "get out, no way!" I was like... Yeah they were hot! And IIRC, I was just joking to get him into his usual "oh crap" mode, but I thought Red Land DID put on a decent show that night...may have been home crowd stuff, who knows...but in the end they DID beat us that night, (we were off) and Dave was afraid to ask me how we stacked up from that point on! :tongue:

I can hear him saying "noooo wayyyy" in that Dave way

I can hear him saying "noooo wayyyy" in that Dave way

Not so much the way he says it...it's "THE LOOK" he gives WHEN he says it! :tongue:

Not so much the way he says it...it's "THE LOOK" he gives WHEN he says it! :tongue:

oh the look is part of the package.

I got him good Friday at the Chapter 6 meting. TOB is doing a lot for the 40th this year, so we've downplayed the fact that Chapter 6 is 35. So while I mentioned that, I discussed that very few in the room remembered the days of MD bands being in the Chapter,and the last active band director from those days was retiring. So I wished Davea happy retirement and handed him a judges application.

:tongue:

as TOB Director Jeff Dent went through his comments, he also mentioned to Dave about judging.....then, John Bugosh, former rival CV band director, now music caption head also got a shot in at Dave about judging

:tongue:

DCA yes, not in TOB for a long time.