The history of the Westshoremen

Well it's hard to "get" if you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

When I read "Alumni corps" I take it for granted everyone would have at least a chance to make the cut. I'm reading your posts to mean all the personnel were picked ahead of time which is a wth to me no matter what the reason,

Wonder what the people who showed up only to find out "nevermind" were told. Paul looked too upset/shocked to ask.

I know drum staff tried to talk to them. The issue is the call was made, we followed orders and ran with it, then we got bashed behind our backs by the people that made the call. I started em realizing this in 2014... Not coincidentally the last year I played.

Because... Even people from the 90's were excluded too. I got tired of the two faces lies and BS

So what are they doing with the equipment, now?!?! Selling it and having the Hershman statue made for in front of the Forum?!?! :tounge2:

No statue. Too afraid it'll be taken due to something then a huge fight over which walnut street bar gets to keep it will break out

• Like 1

I get the part where "we had x-amount of equipment" came into play, I mean, 12 snares, 6 bass drums, 5 tenors, 6 sets of cymbals is just that, 12 snares, 6 bass drums, 5 tenors, 6 sets of cymbals...Ok..maybe someone "swaps places" in between numbers....

But the fact that Skee walked up to the first rehearsal with his own drum and was told to go away is just odd...but finding out that certain people "had orders" is just off the charts!

In related stuff....

I was looking for something in an old email file, and I still had something from when Hoover decided to make up with me in 2010, and sent me some music, and he mentions Skee being with Bucs alumni...

I found another email from that same time frame where I think his main reason to contact me was to let me know about the old memorabilia that was going to be at the hotel, so I'd come see it...which I think was the last time I saw Mr. Fawber....

Making up with Hoov??

Thanks Jeff had no idea how all bescrewed things were.....

And you met Mrs Fawber too which was a kick to her meeting yet another person I marched with..... But you are still "that other name" to us.... :silly:

Fran, just trying to get a handle on what was going on. At worst it will be another time when I disagree *shrug*. Just something I knew nothing about reading the corps emails and my once and done in 2004.

I prefer "The Drummer Formerly Known as Chumley" now.... (copyright issues with my label) ($1. to Prince's memorial fund :sad: )

I leave of "the drummer formerly known as".... :tounge2:

And since I no longer that that b-weekly trip to Hanover I haven't heard "Jimmy" in quite a while. Funny part was at the hotel in Annapolis at DCA one year. Al (Lancer) saw me coming into the lobby and yelled "Hey Jimmy". Next thing he knew Russo (coming out of the bar) heard him and hot footed over to shake his hand. Another guy later said "Al you should have told Jim Russo... NOT youuuuuuu!".

• Like 1

Jimmy was just a friendly dude...One of the later years at the Forum, he grabbed me and was like "Hey haven't seen you in a long time, how've you been?" And I MIGHT have talked to the guy about 2-3 times over the years at different things,,but we were like "old friends" at that moment... After he walked away my wife goes "did you know him?" I said not really, but he seems to remember me!

She followed us over the years...my parents always got her family tickets to championships, and they got my family Scranton tickets...like I said I'm in an "arranged" marriage!

As for the equipment- I'm buying my Kanstul on Monday.

Been looking for a better I and E instrument than my Ultratone. :satisfied:

Corps owns horns, too?

Thanks Jeff had no idea how all bescrewed things were.....

if I ever started about things from the fall of 96 until 2001, DCP would explode.