can anyone identify this stadium?

Boston College's Alumni Stadium has been used for 2 national ( or regional ) Drum Corps shows. " Mission Drums " ( Senior Corps ) and The CYO Nationals " ( junior Corps). If this picture is from 1975, then it is not from Boston College's stadium. The Troopers were not at the CYO Nationals in 1975. This much I am certain about.

If this is from Massachusetts, and folks believe it is taken "in 1975 ", then a possibilty could be Cawley Stadium in Lowell, Ma. There were some some national touring Corps that were there in the mid 70's ( Racine Kilties for one ) that competed in this stadium, although I don't recall the Troopers being there.... but who knows.

I know for a fact that the Troopers competed in Winchester, Ma., and this looks very much like that stadium at Manchester Field ( 12-24 rows backfield ), but this would have been in the late 60's around 1967-1968, not 1975.

Well fiddlesticks....I'll keep trying

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may not have complete data, but I don't see Troopers at any contests in New England in '75. World Open was held in Everett that year, but Troopers were at U.S. Open that same time. There was a show in Lowell, but it was on the 10th when Troopers were in Canton. CYO Nationals were in Boston on the 11th; Troopers were not in the lineup.

Now, there is a gap in the Troopers' schedule between August 10 (Canton, OH) and August 15 (DCI prelims) for which I don't see any contest results. They could have performed exhibitions during that time, but that wouldn't be relevant if this video is from a contest. Are there gunshots at the start and 11:30 later?