Longest lasting chord?

Curious...what was the longest chord any corps has done?

This topic may have been posted already but I searched and did not find it anywhere.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure. but with my limited knowledge of drum corps, i'd have to say maybe maybe madison. they like to hold their last note of ice castles, or whatever encore song they play, while their drum major reads the newspaper/eats a banana/goes to the top tier of the stadium/calls their mom/whatever before cutting them off. or in an actual show, their 97 show when the drum major did he whole pirate flag of awesomeness thing

not sure. but with my limited knowledge of drum corps, i'd have to say maybe maybe madison. they like to hold their last note of ice castles, or whatever encore song they play, while their drum major reads the newspaper/eats a banana/goes to the top tier of the stadium/calls their mom/whatever before cutting them off. or in an actual show, their 97 show when the drum major did he whole pirate flag of awesomeness thing

:tongue:

Also, another good candidate is Spirit 1980, holding that chord seemingly forever at the end of "Let It Be Me."

97 Crossmen had a very long chord at the end.

Edited by Goldsmith1210

Bridgemen used to hold them out a long, looonnnnnnnggggg time, as well...

Might have been outdone by their post-finals performance in San Jose in 2004 as part of the Tour of Champions when the drum major initiated the chord on the podium, then ran up the steps of the lower deck, flew up the steps to the upper deck, got the crowd pumped up more before remembering to cut off the corps.