Longest lasting chord?

Madison by a long shot...Back in the day while they held the note the drum major would acknowledge the crowd, recognize the corp on each side of the 50, pull out a camera, take pictures of the corp... this would go on what seemed like minutes....

Talk about throwing babies. :tongue:

The camera part was fun! I always enjoyed Madison's performances back then!

Oops...correction!

If you check the 1978 and 1980 legacy videos (not sure about other years),

Madison 1980, by about one second, over Bridgemen 1978. (I stand corrected)

Man, I even got the years confused!

Sucks getting old! :smile:

Edited by overthehillDM

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridgemen then Spirit...circa 1979-80 ish

Bridgemen 78?

Without sitting and listening to all my recordings....

The last cord at the end of 84 Bridgemen was pretty #### long... Seemed like minutes when I was playing it. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-HiCXCH2v4

Bridgemen or Spirit definately. They always seemed to be able to hold those #### chords forever at the end of their shows. Bridgemen as a joke and Spirit as their image. Madison also was known for holding a loud final chord.

it seems like 84 and 83 had multiple corps with super long chords. Freelancers, Sky Ryders ...... I know Scouts and Bridgemen in 80 were super long. The modern version of the long chord with NO HOLES in the sound started with Garfield in 1984. Star then worked it a bit harder ..... now Crown holds that "crown". Opening of 07 and the end of 09 are extremely well done.

Again, playing a super long chord at the end of a show is VERY cool. To play a super long chord with perfect balance and no holes in the sound for 32 counts at 64bpm is far more impressive to me. That's nearly 5% of their show!!!!!!!

Notice the link with Garfield, Star, Crown???? Same arranger - same caption head / consultant? YA!

Edited by supersop