Longest lasting chord?

Didn't KennyG once hold the record for the longest sustained note?

I once saw a video of him demonstrating circular breathing. I wish I was a good circular breather.

Edited by crazymello

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once saw a video of him demonstrating circular breathing. I wish I was a good circular breather.

Why? That technique has absolutely NO practical application. It is a "flashy" way to show off. If you were to ever use that in an audition of any sort, you would be laughed out of the room.

and? it would still be cool to say you can do it

not really....haha.

if you can squirt water out of your cheeks, you can circular breathe.

if you can squirt water out of your cheeks, you can circular breathe.

...explain...

...explain...

circular breathing is similar to squirting water out of your mouth. to circular breathe, you just store air in your cheeks, and as you run out of air, you push the air out of your cheeks that is in reserve while breathing in through your nose. its similar to how you can squirt water out of your mouth while you breathe in through your nose.

I think you should check out DeLaSalle Oaklands 1974...at the end of Channel One Suite and the end of the show....both pretty long....

Spirit had a chord at the end of one of their shows (can't remember the year) where they held the last chord while the DM turned around, saluted the crowd, then turned back to the corps and increased the volume again. It's the longest FFF cord I've ever heard in a show. I think it was the same year they had 9 bass drums.

Why? That technique has absolutely NO practical application. It is a "flashy" way to show off. If you were to ever use that in an audition of any sort, you would be laughed out of the room.

IMO, Ben Harloff does a very effective use of circular breathing on flugle in the London recording of Blast!'s Malaguena. I would call the application quite practical in this case. This video can be found online if one searches in the typical places one might look for such a video thing.

Everything has its place.