Bop 2

This is what immediately crossed my mind when I saw the thread title.

So what your saying is, people respond more to music they like?

...oh.

Actually, i think hes saying "loves me some bop it"

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one name -

Frank Williams

Check out 83 Suncoast - this was Frank's forte`. I've never heard ANYONE - corps nor instructor - turn out a performance like this ... period (other than Frank and Suncoast).

If this opener doesn't qualify as BOP .... I officially hate this thread.

This is what immediately crossed my mind when I saw the thread title.

So what your saying is, people respond more to music they like?

...oh.

Bingo!! Yes, that's what I meant when I started this thread.

I'd love to hear more of that kinda "bop" in drum corps.

Yes, I'd like to hear the kind of bop regarding Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie and my kind of bop regarding HC & Sunshine, Temptations, Peaches & Herb, Kool and the Gang, Village People, The Pointer Sisters, and the like.

Edited by En929

I have one name -

Frank Williams

Check out 83 Suncoast - this was Frank's forte`. I've never heard ANYONE - corps nor instructor - turn out a performance like this ... period (other than Frank and Suncoast).

If this opener doesn't qualify as BOP .... I officially hate this thread.

why wait? life is short.

Yes, I'd like to hear the kind of bop regarding Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie and my kind of bop regarding HC & Sunshine, Temptations, Peaches & Herb, Kool and the Gang, Village People, The Pointer Sisters, and the like.

You mean, popular music from the 70s and 80s. Its actual name is far more useful to this discussion than trying to attach a nonsense term to it, and no, it really doesn't matter why you want to call it that. I like that music as well and I've always believed there are possible ways to make it work with the right group, but I certainly don't want to see the depth of show design in DCI removed in favor of the thinly designed style of marching bands. Marching bands are fine being themselves, and drum corps is fine as itself.

You mean, popular music from the 70s and 80s. Its actual name is far more useful to this discussion than trying to attach a nonsense term to it, and no, it really doesn't matter why you want to call it that. I like that music as well and I've always believed there are possible ways to make it work with the right group, but I certainly don't want to see the depth of show design in DCI removed in favor of the thinly designed style of marching bands. Marching bands are fine being themselves, and drum corps is fine as itself.

:tongue::smile:

First off, I like calling it bop and so thus, that's what I will call it! Take note! Second, in my original post I said that drum corps should incorporate more bop along with everything else that they do. I just think that it will give a boost to the shows because that's what people want to hear and respond to more. People like bop. That's just the truth. It doesn't mean that the show design has to go down or will go down. There's nothing new about what I'm saying.

Edited by En929