The Beatles

I was curious about The Beatles music in drum corps so I went over to CorpsReps to see what all of their music has been played... I knew Bloo did Imagine this year and apparently VK did Magical Mystery Tour in '07... but then I noticed that the only corps that played Beatles music going back to around 1998 was Kiwanis (they played one like every year... pretty cool... kind of wonder why lol). There used to be a lot of Beatles music played it seems, a lot of Let It Be... Norwegian Wood showed up a few times... et al. I'm just curious, why don't more corps look into their music? They have a vast library of songs and cover a surprising number of musical genres. It's the offseason... why not? :thumbup:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are copyright issues, pretty much to the degree of John Williams - though that may change now with MJ's death, since he owned a huge chunk of the library.

Also, to be technical, Imagine is John Lennon, not The Beatles.

There are copyright issues, pretty much to the degree of John Williams - though that may change now with MJ's death, since he owned a huge chunk of the library.

Yes, technically you're right, but it's the closest thing to The Beatles done by a Top 12 corps this decade. :thumbup:

How did you do your search? I came up with tons of music under Lennon/McCartney and also found a few under Harrison

Edited by skajerk

How did you do your search? I came up with tons of music under Lennon/McCartney and also found a few under Harrison

Same way you did. There were a lot of charts however once the 2000s started, other than Kiwanis, no one really played their music anymore.

Bluecoats 1992?

"A Day In The Life"

I think it being John Lennon and not the Beatles would make it harder to get, don't you have to go directly to Yoko for Lennon's stuff?

I think it being John Lennon and not the Beatles would make it harder to get, don't you have to go directly to Yoko for Lennon's stuff?

Yoko liked the whole 'cloud people' thing, so she gave it the ok.

Come to think of it, it does sound like a Yoko idea, doesn't it?

Not in our experience. We would have played a Beatles show had we the money being asked for the licensing. Our lack of funds was the only thing that kept us from it.

I'm pretty sure he sold this asset some years ago to pay for lawyers so he could touch little boys and not go to jail...alledgedly.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure he sold them.