Show you would NOT want to march and why

After watching every year top to bottom I would personally not be excited to march in the Glassmen. They had one cool show for me but that about does it for me personally. No disrespect to the performers, they did great, I just didn't get to excited by any of the shows, except 08. I would also not want to march Cadets due to their insane cleanliness. I could never work that hard. In before the close

I'm not sure I would ever want to march for The Academy. Not that there's anything wrong with the corps, I love the corps. I'd just die if I had to practice in Arizona. Those guys deserve big props for not melting in the desert.

After watching every year top to bottom I would personally not be excited to march in the Glassmen. They had one cool show for me but that about does it for me personally. No disrespect to the performers, they did great, I just didn't get to excited by any of the shows, except 08. I would also not want to march Cadets due to their insane cleanliness. I could never work that hard. In before the close

Hmmm. Interesting topic for discussion. Here is why I think performers end up with certain corps

1) I think the majority of performers tend to lean towards corps that their talent levels take them. I think this majority is realistic in thinking that they can't make ie. Blue Devils so they march say with consistant lower ranking corps for experience (stepping stone)

2) Logistics... Time Travel and money issues .

3) Go to where the best challenge would be.

5) Level of instructional staff.

6) Go anywhere because they are good enough. This gives that individual the flexability to march with their favorite corps.

If I could march anywhere I wanted I would choose two corps. 1) Blue Devils ...Because of their consistent drive to be the best, I love the genre of music they perform, They always challenge their members and the organization as a whole os very strong and offers members much more than just drum corps.

1a) CArolina Crown ... For the same reasons above. As well as Lee Beddis being Canadian :thumbup: which I am.

The corps I would least like to march with would be Phantom Regiment. I have never been a fan, although I can appreciate their hard work and dedication as I do with all corps. I am just not a fan of the dark type of music they play. I firmly believe if you don't like the music you are playing, your "personal" level of performance diminishes.

I would also not enjoy marching with the lower 5 corps. Although these corps work hard all year and maybe have a bit more "fun" than the others I don't think the dedication is their to move up and strive to achieve higher.

Just my thought. Great topic.

I'm not sure I would ever want to march for The Academy. Not that there's anything wrong with the corps, I love the corps. I'd just die if I had to practice in Arizona. Those guys deserve big props for not melting in the desert.

This is what I was looking for. I just know it might turn ugly though, and that is not the intent. I am just curious as to why someone might NOT want to march a certain corps. The Phanotm one was a good reply also. Don't like dark music. I just found most Gmen shows to be too vanilla.

I'm not sure I could march in Madison or Cavies. I'd need some females around to look at :thumbup:

Yep, you're right. The experience of a lifetime, learning from a talented and dedicated staff, life long friends, being treated like a family member, being well feed, having fun, those are all things I got at the Glassmen. I can definitely see why you wouldn't want any part of that !

This is what I was looking for. I just know it might turn ugly though, and that is not the intent. I am just curious as to why someone might NOT want to march a certain corps. The Phanotm one was a good reply also. Don't like dark music. I just found most Gmen shows to be too vanilla.

I think that if one has the means to march anywhere ie, could make the cut and had financial backing. The choice would always be selection of music followed by staff. I am a huge B.D. fan. If their staff is who it is now (which IMHO) is the best the activity has to offer at this time but played "dark" music which I am not a fan of. I would look elsewhere...C.C. or possibly Boston who is very much on the upswing right now, building on and excellent 2009 season. That would be a fun corps to be with right now I think.

Yep, you're right. The experience of a lifetime, learning from a talented and dedicated staff, life long friends, being treated like a family member, being well feed, having fun, those are all things I got at the Glassmen. I can definitely see why you wouldn't want any part of that !

Right, because all of those things are Glassmen-exclusive.

:thumbup: