Is it time for BD to have two in a row again?

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Bluecoats are the only corps that has a legitimate chance to win a gold every year apart from blue Devils. They have the total package and they have a design team that understands both music and visual.

I hope you are right. Bluecoats have been on fire since 2014. Their shows have been extremely well written, entertaining, and most importantly, approachable.

I am skeptical as I thought Crown would repeat but they never got there.

3 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

I hope you are right. Bluecoats have been on fire since 2014. Their shows have been extremely well written, entertaining, and most importantly, approachable.

I am skeptical as I thought Crown would repeat but they never got there.

Crown is only as good as they are brass arrangements, and that holds them back from winning a medal. You have to have a great show concept that is above your parts in order to create a much better whole. It’s very hard to do when you start with one aspect of your show and then build the other parts onto it:

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2

Not going to read this whole thread, as much as I deeply value all your opinions 😝 .

So to answer the question; Yes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Not going to read this whole thread, as much as I deeply value all your opinions 😝 .

So to answer the question; Yes.

This thread was resurrected earlier today. It's from 10 years ago.

10 years ago the last time this happened was 96/97. 96 was a tie. The last time it had happened before then was 79/80.

A short 10 years later and it's the norm. How times have changed. If they get gold in 2020 it will be 3 times since this thread started that they have repeated.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1