Maybe LOS isn't so bad after all?

As you so aptly put it in replying to one of my posts...

"As you so aptly demonstrate, audiences can be idiots."

So now you say: "Is is possible that some corps over the next decade might choose pieces that are more familiar and more melodic? Less intricate and more fan friendly even?"

Or was your point that familiar and melodic is for the unwashed masses, and drum corps should be reserved for those who can look down their noses at the dummies who just don't appreciate "good" music?

Huh? My previously post and this one are unrelated. The fact that audiences can be idiots probably won't determine how drums corps will score shows.

HH

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simplify all they want... an echo is still an echo... an echo... an echo.... an echo.....

Maybe the echos can be used to ones advantage. Get that timing just right and play your next notes on the previous echo. Kind of like BD did with the lighting relative to spacing at a known stadium in the late 80's. Or maybe it's just time to stop playing 19th century music. 21st century music probably wouldn't even be possible without reverb (echo).

Whoa. I'm not advocating anything here. I'm just asking whether y'all think one response to the atmosphere inside could be simplified scores - and with it a more melodic, more familiar approach. It struck me that some corps might skip some more intricate choices where they might not get credit. And if they did, would a more 80s approach to the repetoire be all bad? Are y'all saying it would be bad?

HH

uh...the 80s had some ###### intricate stuff going on out there.

I stand corrected. 80s charts were much like today's.

HH

no. but they had some intricate stuff going on. mello runs from that era would be just as lost as they would today in the Echo Chamber.

the big difference is they weren't cut and paste chop and bop back then.

i hope they dont muscially. they can however stop trying to throw in 90000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 levels of hidden meaning

Yeah, good luck with that one. :grouphug:

...but we can dream...

After looking at drill software, it's easy to determine that DC drills are the product of the software, not vice versa. Great. So the real genius is the developer of the software, not the overpaid $#&* that pretend to come up with new ideas. Which, of course, has not happened since about 1979............Gee, this swirly looks nice!! WTF??

Ok, I've had some Christmas Spirit today, so don't beat me up...........

Whoa. I'm not advocating anything here. I'm just asking whether y'all think one response to the atmosphere inside could be simplified scores - and with it a more melodic, more familiar approach. It struck me that some corps might skip some more intricate choices where they might not get credit. And if they did, would a more 80s approach to the repetoire be all bad? Are y'all saying it would be bad?

HH

I'd like every year to be like 1995 forever and ever. The end.

Edited by Paralda

After looking at drill software, it's easy to determine that DC drills are the product of the software, not vice versa. Great. So the real genius is the developer of the software, not the overpaid $#&* that pretend to come up with new ideas. Which, of course, has not happened since about 1979............Gee, this swirly looks nice!! WTF??

Ok, I've had some Christmas Spirit today, so don't beat me up...........

Before they wrote an X on a piece of paper, now they click an X on a computer screen... Onoez?