Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

Here's a bass drum head.

IMG_0349.jpg

How's this for a booster window decal?

icrshipbooster.JPG

One of these days I'll have to start scanning my hundreds of buttons. :tongue:

Then I can start on posters, patches, uniform parts....... iy yi yi. :tongue:

I've got a major museum here. :tongue:

You are definitely feeding my love of 27!

More, more, more!

Nancy, do you have any recollection or clues as to where this show was held in Greenville? I've heard they used to have a regular show here, and I'm curious as to where.

furman would be my first guess.

John, Most years the Blue Ridge Tournament of Champions took place at Sirrine Stadium, in 79 and 80 (when Nancy would have been there) Furman was still using this stadium to play football as Paladin Stadium (where they play now) was being built.

Even after Furman started using Paladin stadium the show would still be held at Sirrine most of the time.

It was not an annual event, besides the two years 27th won (79 and 80) it only took place a few more times(1983 Phantom won) before ending in 1989, or at least that was the last year I went to or heard of a show there. (Garfield won in 88 and 89)

The Stadium is still there and last I knew the Greenville HS Red Raiders played their football games there. It has been renovated since the days the contest was there. (renovated early 2000's)

On I-85, if you take Church street (Hwy 29, exit 42) heading towards downtown turn right on University Ridge and its right there at Cleveland St. If you come 385 into downtown go past Bi-Lo center to church street, turn left and go to University Ridge then turn left.

Its kind of nestled at the base of Cleveland Park. Beautiful setting, and as Nancy mentioned a great well kept up field.

John, Most years the Blue Ridge Tournament of Champions took place at Sirrine Stadium, in 79 and 80 (when Nancy would have been there) Furman was still using this stadium to play football as Paladin Stadium (where they play now) was being built.

Even after Furman started using Paladin stadium the show would still be held at Sirrine most of the time.

It was not an annual event, besides the two years 27th won (79 and 80) it only took place a few more times(1983 Phantom won) before ending in 1989, or at least that was the last year I went to or heard of a show there. (Garfield won in 88 and 89)

The Stadium is still there and last I knew the Greenville HS Red Raiders played their football games there. It has been renovated since the days the contest was there. (renovated early 2000's)

On I-85, if you take Church street (Hwy 29, exit 42) heading towards downtown turn right on University Ridge and its right there at Cleveland St. If you come 385 into downtown go past Bi-Lo center to church street, turn left and go to University Ridge then turn left.

Its kind of nestled at the base of Cleveland Park. Beautiful setting, and as Nancy mentioned a great well kept up field.

thanks! As I type this I am sitting in my office on University Ridge a mere two blocks away from that stadium. It is still there and still used by the Red Raiders. I drive past it regularly I can definitely see why it would be a great place to hold a show.

thanks! As I type this I am sitting in my office on University Ridge a mere two blocks away from that stadium. It is still there and still used by the Red Raiders. I drive past it regularly I can definitely see why it would be a great place to hold a show.

Are you anywhere near the Health Dept.?

Right across from it was the old Bell Tower shopping center. (was really nice once, now kind of run down)

Are you anywhere near the Health Dept.?

Right across from it was the old Bell Tower shopping center. (was really nice once, now kind of run down)

that shopping center is now the county government office complex which is where my office is located. Left/northern side of the building where - I believe - a Montgomery Wards used to be? straight across the street from the DOH building.

Sirrine Stadiuim - high steep concrete 'home' stands built into a hill, very close to the field. back stands are also on a hill, both ends open. I've always wanted to see if there would be any interest in having a show there. one of these days I may float that out there to the school district and the city.

- in my spare time - :doh:

How's this for a booster window decal?

icrshipbooster.JPG

One of these days I'll have to start scanning my hundreds of buttons. :doh:

Then I can start on posters, patches, uniform parts....... iy yi yi. :blink:

I've got a major museum here. :doh:

Wow, you are bringing back some great memories! I consider both of us very lucky to have had family so involved in the activity.

You had the foresight to save so many great items! :worthy:

You must have a major museum. You should be very proud!

Nancy

Early 1972 we were Scarborough Princemen until August, then Seneca College Princemen. I think we had 3 sets of flags, Borough of Scarborough flags, Seneca flags with a feathered S and multi-coloured flags with a logo top corner, same logo as my button below, which I designed ‘cause we played selections from Man of La Mancha. I later drew designs for Alberta All Girls and AWGA, our winter guard circuit. I liked doodling.

collection3-b.jpg

They asked if I could draw the cover for our drum corps publication spring of 1973. Here’s a draft of the Princemen Papers. I’m kinda embarrassed; I was young when I drew this. I was inspired by drum corps and by Don Daber, his program covers, posters, photographs and his contribution to many newsletters and publications. Thank you, Mr. Daber.

73-papers-a.jpg