2010 Open Class Predictions

3rd&10

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same place it comes from for all corps.. a combination of dues, fundraising, grants, and donations.

BS. You robbed a bank didn't you.

:lookaround:

So there any kind of target or ballpark date for when you guys get added to the schedule (approved I guess)?

I want to see the show dates.

ALl the new corps get added to the show calendar sometime in April/May once all the evaluations are done.

So you have been ablke to eradicate all the outstanding bills that were Memphis Sound and come up with enough to buy all new stuff with a combination of dues, fundraising, grants, and donations? Impressive, if true.

I am fairly certain all corps that are financially stable have some sort of outside source of income - bingo, a large Div 1 show they host, a band circuit, etc.

Same place it comes from for all corps.. a combination of dues, fundraising, grants, and donations.

Forte is not Memphis Sound. We left that project back in September. MYPAA owns Memphis Sound and has the option of bringing them back out in whatever form or fashion they decide to, if they decide to in the future. MYPAA is focused on eliminating the past debt from the entire existence of the corps.

Forte is using all our own equipment, funding, etc.

Yes, we have our own source of outside income as well (still building, but been a great help so far!) , and some out of the box ideas that have been working very well for us.

So you are not using Memphis Sounds old uniforms this year? You are not using their horns from last year? You are not using any equipment from Memphis Sound what so ever? I find it hard to believe that you just up and purchased all this new stuff in less than a year. I'm just very concerned for your group, because of what you say is a new organization with all new things and what people will see come summertime might differ. I just read the article in Drum Corps Planet again to try and wrap my mind around this whole process....and the only reason why I asked about the instruments and uniforms, is because in the article there had not been a decision on what equipment is yours and what equipment is M.S.

Nope, we are using NO equipment or uniforms of Memphis Sound

The time of the Article was written was November. We were working on a deal to purchase horns from MS, but have since secured our own instruments instead.

and that's all I am going to say on the matter. Will let the corps do the talking, this summer, on the field.

Whatever happened to the VA camps?

• 4 weeks later...
Bump!

Approx. 90 days and counting til the first competition with open class present.

:tongue::worthy::worthy::doh::worthy: