2010 Open Class Predictions

3rd&10

I happen to know two people on Revolution's staff. I do not know them from a drum corps stand point, but the two I know are their brass capt head Julian(?) and the cym tech, James. Julian probably is a good brass tech, he most likely knows what he is doing. The brass line at Revo sounds great and their loud. Execution is lacking. James is a funny dude, but one of the reasons I did not consider Revo after they went inactive.

And now with Forte being based in Texas, one has to wonder how the camps are going to be with two potentially great OC corps close to each other (kinda). Good Luck to both though, I know people afiliated and marchiing with both.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now with Forte being based in Texas, one has to wonder how the camps are going to be with two potentially great OC corps close to each other (kinda). Good Luck to both though, I know people afiliated and marchiing with both.

Texas is a big state. A very big state. The different would be multiple states apart if it were the North.

Forte - Dallas to Revolution - San Antonio = 5 hours

Revolution - San Antonio to Genesis - Rio Grande Valley = 4 hours

Forte - Dallas to Genesis - Rio Grande Valley = 8 hours

Texas is a BIG state. So someone start a corps in El Paso (9 hours from Dallas), Amarillo (6 hours to Dallas), San Angelo (4.5 hours to Dallas), and a few other places and we can have our own Open Class tour down here :)

Texas is a BIG state. So someone start a corps in El Paso (9 hours from Dallas), Amarillo (6 hours to Dallas), San Angelo (4.5 hours to Dallas), and a few other places and we can have our own Open Class tour down here :)

Then we'd just need to advertise a bit harder to bring everyone in! :rolleyes:

Racine Scouts also recruit and hold camps in Texas

I happen to know two people on Revolution's staff. I do not know them from a drum corps stand point, but the two I know are their brass capt head Julian(?) and the cym tech, James. Julian probably is a good brass tech, he most likely knows what he is doing. The brass line at Revo sounds great and their loud. Execution is lacking. James is a funny dude, but one of the reasons I did not consider Revo after they went inactive.

Actually Revolution does not have cymbals (they may this year) and James was a percussion visual tech as far as I remember. Julian joined us in 07in Chicago and james in 08 during camps. The corps went inactive in 2004 and came back in 2005 with Tim overturf for percussion, ajay riojas (half season) for guard, roger williams for brass, moses+unknown+ for visual, and GM Kuzma as director.

Actually Revolution does not have cymbals (they may this year) and James was a percussion visual tech as far as I remember. Julian joined us in 07in Chicago and james in 08 during camps. The corps went inactive in 2004 and came back in 2005 with Tim overturf for percussion, ajay riojas (half season) for guard, roger williams for brass, moses+unknown+ for visual, and GM Kuzma as director.

They do this year. My friend is the section leader.

As for predictions....

1) bdb, still hot off of last year but may have lost members who wanted to go world with their open class rings.

2) raiders - they have been steady over the years with greater numbers as well

3) revolution - same as raiders

4-5) spartans/oregon crusaders - these two will battle it out all summer

6) vk - keep growing and entertaining

7-8) 7th reg and legends - coming off a good year last year, moving on momentum

9) forte - new recruiting efforts help numbers

10)music city - continue to improve

11) colt cadets - welcome to finals!

12) racine scouts - housed with them in 07, great family and fun

My prediction:

The kids will wake up, eat, stretch and run, rehearse, eat, Ensemble and run-thru, perform their show to the best of their ability, feel good about what happened and so will the crowd, they will hear their scores while eating a snack, they will hop on the bus, travel to the next show/rehearsal site, and do it all again. Finals will then roll around and they will do these things again, they will then take lots of pictures and cry a lot, load their eq truck for the last time, go home, and then miss it all until November rolls around....anyone wanna bet against me on this one?

There are no losers or winners in an activity like this. At the end of the day you have to remember one thing...scores are based upon 1-2 peoples opinions in your caption. I hope everyone marching this summer enjoys their experience...whether it's an ageout year or a first year member to DCI. Good Luck to each of you and may you take home memories to last you a life time!

Five as One...All or None! -GBass

Wow. What a prediction...no one's ever said that on here before. And I'm sorry, but it's a competitive activity. Anyone who doesn't come in 1st is a loser.