2010 Open Class Predictions

3rd&10

Memphis Sound is still an active organization (though inactive as a corps) within MYPAA who is restructuring currently. They are working to pay off debt as well.

Forte is a new corps.

But since the last several posts you've had have been trying to tarnish the name of a new emerging corps and promoting another Open Class corps, it's easy to see what your intentions truly are, and they certainly aren't fact finding

Edited by CSGreen

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like this topic continues to wander into a bashing of either OC, a specific OC Corps, or a combination of the two, we should try and get some decent, non-slander founded predictions or close this topic because it's gotten nowhere really. :tongue:

Actually I wasnt slamming anyone. I just wanted to make sure that Forte wasnt going to be another corps that announces a program and then fails to field a corps and then all the wonderful talent that is out there auditioning has no where to go. Just heard some rumors and wanted to get an answer from someone who knows. Which in this case is you. I thank you for that answer and the topic is now over with. As for promoting another corps, I do not promote any other corps more than the next. I am a fan of open class through and through. I think thats where the real drum corps is at. I did however find an example of a corps for a certain reply to a certain post. I love the open class format and I apologize if I came off as a basher. I really just wanted to get some info and since both topics in this forum applied to what I thought was a valid background question, I posted it in both areas hoping to get someone that was in the know to give me a direct answer. Thank you for clearing up any questions. And I apologize again.

It seems like this topic continues to wander into a bashing of either OC, a specific OC Corps, or a combination of the two, we should try and get some decent, non-slander founded predictions or close this topic because it's gotten nowhere really. :worthy:

Sadly, that will never happen on DCP.

:rolleyes:

4. Revolution - they are a good brass arranger away from being top 3

I have to disagree with you 100% here. Anyone who actually listened to their performance heard the beauty of the arrangement. Where they suffered *and suffered heavily* was their brass performance. It wasn't a matter of what they were trying to communicate lacking, but rather how poorly they were doing it. I heard them at a couple of rehearsals going in to finals, and honestly, it was brass instructional staff that held them back.

Edited by drummer79

I have to disagree with you 100% here. Anyone who actually listened to their performance heard the beauty of the arrangement. Where they suffered *and suffered heavily* was their brass performance. It wasn't a matter of what they were trying to communicate lacking, but rather how poorly they were doing it. I heard them at a couple of rehearsals going in to finals, and honestly, it was brass instructional staff that held them back.

Wow wat a statement. I happen to know all the guys on that staff and I will say that your statement although may have a little truth to it isn't the reason behind the sound that Revolution produces. And the only reason that this statement even has a bit of truth behind it is that the brass staff there is sooo young. Not one of them I believe are above the age of 25, but with that being said I must give them credit for what they are doing out there. For being so young they are still able to pull in a solid 6th place hornline. Now your opinion when you think of the grand scheme of things really doesn't matter and I know the members and the staff of that corps won't get on here and respond as im sure they don't even read this but Im gonna defend them. Thats a little harsh we all start somewhere im sure they understand what they need to fix and will do that but #### no need to attack. These are young guys and are learning as well as you are when it comes to this activity. I give them credit. GOOD JOB GUYS :rolleyes: keep up the good work. And hope you guys see more success in your future.

Eh, I have to disagree with you as well. I marched under julian's brass line of 08 and can tell you he knows quite a bit, and the staff he had for 09 knew a ton! I have to say myself that the condition of the instruments are in poor condition (bought used from kiwanis kavaliers. The newest instruments were the tubas from dynasty bought in 07 and finally received in 08. The arranger is awesome and did a fantastic job, the kids in the hornline worked hard and effiecently this year, and staff came together much better than in past years ( I marched 05-08). Seen it all, looking forward to the returning staff, members, and wicked pants I only got to model nd never march in! Lol

According to what I have heard they can not tour unless they pay off their debt from when they were memphis sound. You cant just start over because you change your name and location, and expect however much in back bills to just go away. Am I right here? Does someone else know for sure.

Forte is new. No debt from past seasons, as Forte has never HAD a season.