Tour Shoes

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Balance 991's or 992's- Lateral stability, heel and sole shock absorption and the mesh outer body allows for quick drying.

New Balance

I marched in New Balance 60whatever number they were making in the early 2000s, found them very durable and comfortable. My rookie year I replaced a decent pair of Reeboks that had already been through a couple marching band seasons with a pair of Nikes...never again. The soles were half-fallen off within two weeks.

Ascics Gel Kayanos. Best. Shoe. Ever. After the first time I bought a pair for tour back in the day, I have never bought a different shoe. They are freaking expensive and worth every penny.

Saucony Jazz were popular back in the day. I generally had New Balance shoes. Just be sure to have a bus pair of shoes, so you can get your feet dry for at least part of tour. Be sure not to get some cheap shoes. Especially if they have plastic soles. Or rubber so hard it might as well be plastic. March some challenging drill on wet grass in those and you're going down. Time after time...

On a side note, I finally got a pair of Saucony's when I was in the Army. And my PT time went down a full minute for the 2 mile run.

On the all age side of things I actually like using heavier boots during practice. Better ankle support and you're working harder than you have to. So come show time when you slip on your slippers (err... Dinkles), you're flying through the show. Or for those parades that last too many miles. Or those days when you're doing 3+ performances in a single day.

yup, i had the nike dart VI for tour this past year. 07 i tried puma and that was okay. it also depends where you march. the lower corps dont get the same treatment as the higher corps so they dont get the best rehearsal sites. at crossmen we had some pretty bad fields and asphalt and yeah it wasn't too great. at bd it was always nice fields sometimes turf, never asphalt, so you have to take that into consideration too

yup, i had the nike dart VI for tour this past year. 07 i tried puma and that was okay. it also depends where you march. the lower corps dont get the same treatment as the higher corps so they dont get the best rehearsal sites. at crossmen we had some pretty bad fields and asphalt and yeah it wasn't too great. at bd it was always nice fields sometimes turf, never asphalt, so you have to take that into consideration too

"lower corps, and higher corps"

lol. :smile:

Been wearing Saucony for three seasons now, and never had a single problem with my feet. Good shoes combines with GOOD SOCKS has led me to never having a single blister or unusually achey feet. After a full day's rehearsal, your feet will ache no matter what you wear, but mine were never awful. I've worn NB and Asics for different things in high school, but they never felt so good on my feet as Saucony.