Cadets To Host 3 "C" Double Play Season Opener

When the 2010 Cadets host their first drum corps show on June 18th in Allentown, Pa., they will again break ground, this time with a unique format that features performances by three World-Class corps - twice! In between those performances, the creative teams from each corps will share with the...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...3&Itemid=39

• 2 weeks later...

Appreciate:

- corps performance information

- late start time ... 8:03 PM ... working all day in New York (Hudson Valley)

Wait. I've never been to J. Birney and am looking at the Google Satellite.

Does this stadium not have a backfield? OMG!

Is that one of the reasons why the shows there are so lauded from the Old Skool?

Does the traffic noise interfere with the sound quality? Did SCV play there last year, and how did their "understated" show play there?

And finally, is the engineer who squished that thing between two roads chastised or applauded?

Wait. I've never been to J. Birney and am looking at the Google Satellite.

Does this stadium not have a backfield? OMG!

Is that one of the reasons why the shows there are so lauded from the Old Skool?

Does the traffic noise interfere with the sound quality? Did SCV play there last year, and how did their "understated" show play there?

And finally, is the engineer who squished that thing between two roads chastised or applauded?

There used to be a backfield but when the stadium was renovated a number of years back, it was removed.

Traffic noise isn't an issue, except for the occasional ambulance. Certainly no worse than the Rose Bowl buzz or Gillette Stadium elevator.

No, but I will say, the warm-ups do carry quite aways so you could probably hear a drumline or hornline warming up from across the road and from that field. It was like that when I was there for TOB ACC's last year. And that was high school lines

I'll tell you though...the first summer after they removed the back stands...and crossmen put Bones on a Cherry Picker and he was raised from behind that concrete wall?.....Absolutely amazing...

No, but I will say, the warm-ups do carry quite aways so you could probably hear a drumline or hornline warming up from across the road and from that field. It was like that when I was there for TOB ACC's last year. And that was high school lines

When we warmed up in the early July Allentown show in 2007, we had to stop because we were too loud.

So I guess we weren't the only ones who could be heard from the stadium.

With 3 corps, i doubt it will be that much of a problem....

I'll tell you though...the first summer after they removed the back stands...and crossmen put Bones on a Cherry Picker and he was raised from behind that concrete wall?.....Absolutely amazing...

I can appreciate traditions and rituals, however, the Bones thing always strikes me as a little silly. That was not intended as a slam against the Crossmen in any way. They are a fine organization with much tradition and history.