DCA I&E Events

I personally think the two guys running the baritone/contra venue were magnificant!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$10 seems kinda cheap to me.

That's 10 bucks more than anyone pays to watch I&E, AND the MiniCorps show which follows.

Get this - the performers pay, but the audience gets in free. What a deal !!!

I@E has always been a free event to attend and performers have always paid a fee.

There is a fee to perform a DCI I@E also.

I@E has always been a free event to attend and performers have always paid a fee.

From 1997 on, the I&E show has been free admission for spectators... before that, an admission fee was charged at various venues.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

That's 10 bucks more than anyone pays to watch I&E, AND the MiniCorps show which follows.

Get this - the performers pay, but the audience gets in free. What a deal !!!

Yes it is.

So if that is a problem for You, just do not enter. There are many I&E contests now. Specialy in the Bad, Evil, Unworthy North East. Also Many "Mini Corps Shows" and "Alumni type" shows, which DO charge Fans to get in. (If that makes you feel better to know)

The I&E and the "Mini Corps" Contets's are EXTRA's at DCA. DCA puts them on. No different than if a School Band Assoc. or any other Sponsor. (Darn nice of DCA, I Think)

Something for the "FANS" at the DCA World Championships, AND, people in the groups that are competing in the Field Contest's.

The fees are primarilly to avoid frivilous entries which would play havoc with an already difficult scheduling job.

From 1997 on, the I&E show has been free admission for spectators... before that, an admission fee was charged at various venues.

Fran

Sorry Fran, i always competed so i guess i was assuming it was always free.

Sorry Fran, i always competed so i guess i was assuming it was always free.

No problem at all..... the admission fee back in the day was a nominal one.

The free-admission shows stated in Allentown, when the I&E/mini-corps event was held on the downtown streets and in front of the headquarters hotel. I guess once you start NOT charging people to attend, it's tough to go back to charging admission....LOL

Bottom line..... the DCA I&E/mini-corps event is a blast!!!!!!

Fran

DCA doesn't know year-to-year how many people will participate, renting the Convention Center and getting all the necessary Insurances, Permits and Security probably is not cheap. I highly doubt all the entrance fees put together cover half if it.

$10 seems kinda cheap to me.

You can also get your corps to pay the $10 bucks like Shen Sound does for me and the scheduling may be a nightmare but they worked hard enough to allow me to perform in 4 individual events this year without a hitch. Thanks to Dick Ponti and company!!! :tongue::tongue: