## Kiltie News ##

WWBD

I will (obviously) admit right up front that I am somewhat bias, but with that being said I can say first hand the Kilts are a terrific organization top to bottom (IMO).

Mr. Stewart and the staff has the rehearsals well planned out for maximum productivety, the members work extremely hard but have a heII of a fun time.

One example I found to be top notch (and a pleasant surprise) were the returning vets from 2009 received a $50 credit towards their 2010 shares because of the longer season in 2009 and added events (parades, etc) that helped to retire any and all small remaining debt the organization carried. There's a since of peace knowing a organization that one is a part of is "rock solid" and financially sound.

The corps is member friendly to the max!!

The Kilties rehearse one weekend a month from January through April then pick up the pace starting in mid May.

The January through April rehearsals traditionally run from 9am to 9pm on Saturdays, and 10am to 5pm on Sundays. The once per month rehearsals are intense, focused, detailed and highly productive.

The Kilties shares (dues) are $300 annually which always include (among other things) 80% (or more) of all your meals, charter coach travel to performances outside the Racine/Milwaukee area (if a member wishes to travel on corps provided transportation), free overnight housing (when called for and for those who enjoy gym floors) at performance venues, free uniform use, free equipment use, and free quality instruction; to list a few things.

The only single housing of which members are required to contribute in 2010 is for nice hotel rooms at the DCA World Championships in Rochester, New York; historically the cost is approximately $72 per member with four members (as example) sharing a room over a three night stay.

The Kilties encourage individuals interested in applying for membership to do so by the Janaury 30-31 rehearsal camp. This will enable the corps to arrange any housing or transportation if needed by potential members.

~Since 1934~

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there! Talked to Scott already and I will be there bright and early.

The weather will be perfect (it always is, in Wisconsin, right?) and it will be great to have you back in the Plaid Fold. This 2010 show is simply fantastic. A drum corps fantasy show. Wet-yer-pants mellophone parts. Poop-yer-pants baritone parts. Make-your-head-dizzy sop parts. Familiar tunes — but like NOBODY has ever done them. Rick Kirby and Jeff Moore have written one freekin' great book. The fans are going to loooooove this show! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Hey, all: Still on the fence for 2010? Better get your buns to this camp, as that weekend will set the line. If you don't march Kilties in 2010, you'll regret it for years. You know you will. I know you will. You know that I know you will.

"Hey, Earl, remember the Kilties back in 2010?"

"Yup. Man, my hair still leans back from that. Dang. Almost threw my 1-year-old at 'em at the end of "Ride-em Willy' - but bless his soul, the kid was too heavy. Tried to throw him again in the middle of 'Boh-rhap' but mah wife beat me to it. Miss that kid."

"Yeah, I ALMOST joined them that year, Earl. Biggest mistake of my life."

"Heh heh. Uh, Jeb, if I had a dime for every person that said they 'almost' marched Kilties in 2010...."

~UPDATE~

Upon submitting a online application for membership with The Kilties, expect a timely initial acknowledgement email from the corps itself followed by a telephone call from Corps Director/Program Coordinator, Scott Stewart. Mr. Stewart will go over what you can expect from the corps, and what the corps' expectations are of those who are interested in seeking membership.

Once past the above mentioned initial process, prospective members will be given full access to all the 2010 performance materials by going to a private internet site; plus additional general information will be sent via US Mail or (if time does not allow for a mailing) will be waiting for you at the upcoming full corps camp on January 30-31.

~Since 1934~

After completing a successful and productive percussion camp this past weekend, The Kilties will hold a FULL CORPS WEEKEND CAMP on January 30th and 31st at Gilmore Middle School in Racine, Wisconsin.

At this upcoming January 30-31 camp section numbers and assignments will be finalized for the 2010 performance season as the evaluational process will be completed.

The corps had the entire musical book in the member's hands the first week of January.

If interested in applying for membership in the 2010 edition of The Kilties visit online by clicking HERE. There is a area on the application for any questions a applicant may have and they will be answered in a very timely fashion.

This upcoming January 30-31 Kiltie Kamp is of great importance to attend if a individual is seeking 2010 membership in any of the sections (color guard, brass, percusssion).

~Since 1934~

Although not formally posted as of yet, the corps 2010 performance schedule is really nice!

~UPDATE~

Upon submitting a online application for membership with The Kilties, expect a timely initial acknowledgement email from the corps itself followed by a telephone call from Corps Director/Program Coordinator, Scott Stewart. Mr. Stewart will go over what you can expect from the corps, and what the corps' expectations are of those who are interested in seeking membership.

Once past the above mentioned initial process, prospective members will be given full access to all the 2010 performance materials by going to a private internet site; plus additional general information will be sent via US Mail or (if time does not allow for a mailing) will be waiting for you at the upcoming full corps camp on January 30-31.

~Since 1934~

This coming weekend!!! Times a wastin', the brass and percussion already have the entire musical show in their hands!! Don't be one of those "woulda-coulda-shoulda" type folks!!

After completing a successful and productive percussion camp this past weekend, The Kilties will hold a FULL CORPS WEEKEND CAMP on January 30th and 31st at Gilmore Middle School in Racine, Wisconsin.

At this upcoming January 30-31 camp section numbers and assignments will be finalized for the 2010 performance season as the evaluational process will be completed.

The corps had the entire musical book in the member's hands the first week of January.

If interested in applying for membership in the 2010 edition of The Kilties visit online by clicking HERE. There is a area on the application for any questions a applicant may have and they will be answered in a very timely fashion.

This upcoming January 30-31 Kiltie Kamp is of great importance to attend if a individual is seeking 2010 membership in any of the sections (color guard, brass, percusssion).

~Since 1934~

"Hey, Earl, remember the Kilties back in 2010?"

"Yup. Man, my hair still leans back from that. Dang. Almost threw my 1-year-old at 'em at the end of "Ride-em Willy' - but bless his soul, the kid was too heavy. Tried to throw him again in the middle of 'Boh-rhap' but mah wife beat me to it. Miss that kid."

Heh. So what are we calling the closer? :smile:

Highly productive Kiltie Kamp this past weekend for all sections..........good stuff!! :worthy:

Closed the weekend with brass and percussion ensembling the entire Act One and Act Two (top to bottom), with the brass running down the entire Act Three (top to bottom) of the 2010 production; "A Night at the Opera".

Excellent attendance in all sections.

It was mentioned by corps director/program coordinator, Scott Stewart, just a few potential openings exist. In a perfect world, Scott mentioned one addition contra, one snare, one tenor and one front ensemble performer would do the trick. The color guard is still wide open for application as well with 18 in attendance; with several unable to attend this past weekend due to winter guard.

Next Kiltie Kamp.......Feb. 27-28!!

Edited by bill