Royal Airs January Camp

:laughing::beer:

Fran

The Royal Airs bringing you back to Drum & Bugle Corps. With G Bugles and Flag Presentation. What Drums Corps was ment to be. Watch for us at the SDCA Shows.

Edited by crash4truck1

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can stand by your comments all you want, God Bless America, and many will think you are inaccurate with said comment

'Many', you say? The word 'many' when discussing D&BC is far more appropriate for talking about the Golden Age than it is for talking of the activity as it is now.

No disrespect intended of course...but the Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Madison Scouts, Racine Scouts and even Pioneer and Blue Stars are still competing as DCI corps and they were also part of that glorious midwestern past.

and, with all due respect...there was no Pioneer...they were St. Pats and "The Thing".....totally different corps, really...except for their outstanding director, Roman Blenski

Yes you are right...1973 was the Thing and Royals were gone by then ...1974 was the beginning of Pioneer.

Donny

Yes, okay, those names/units still exist, but you know exactly what I'm saying and I'll stand by my comment.

Stand by it all you want. Only makes you look foolish.

ostrich_head_sand.jpg

what they all said.Having read the Don Warren/Cavies book, you're farther from the truth than you are closer to reality

Edited by Jeff Ream

'Many', you say? The word 'many' when discussing D&BC is far more appropriate for talking about the Golden Age than it is for talking of the activity as it is now.

I am so sick of hearing “this is not Drum and Bugle Corps today”, which is such a pathetic and pompous commentary. Sure things continue to change, it is called evolution, and everything must change.

Just because things are not exactly the same as the way they were when YOU marched, does not make it any less important or special. The premise is STILL the same a group of people get together and put together the best show they can. The SAME blood, sweat and tears go into it as it did when YOU marched.

No they don’t play on the same instruments you played; then again I’m sure you didn’t play on the same instrument your father played on either.

This activity is far greater than the instrument used, and that my friend is what is getting lost on some that think they know what this hobby is about.

I spun flag which is neither a drum nor a bugle, did that may my role any less meaningful, I’ll answer my own question, NO it did not. I worked as hard, I sweated as much, and we shed tears together and created memories as one. THAT has not changed, nor will it ever.

I am 44 years old, (this is where EVERYONE puts on their surprise face) I’ve seen this activity evolve in my lifetime and it’s just as special now as it was when I first fell upon it as a young girl.

There was a time when all people had learn to drive with manual transmission cars, now most drive automatic transmission cars, that doesn’t mean they aren’t driving……………..

PS - GO ROYAL AIRS

I apologize that your thread as morphed into the same rehashed bologna

I am so sick of hearing “this is not Drum and Bugle Corps today”, which is such a pathetic and pompous commentary. Sure things continue to change, it is called evolution, and everything must change.

Just because things are not exactly the same as the way they were when YOU marched, does not make it any less important or special. The premise is STILL the same a group of people get together and put together the best show they can. The SAME blood, sweat and tears go into it as it did when YOU marched.

No they don’t play on the same instruments you played; then again I’m sure you didn’t play on the same instrument your father played on either.

This activity is far greater than the instrument used, and that my friend is what is getting lost on some that think they know what this hobby is about.

I spun flag which is neither a drum nor a bugle, did that may my role any less meaningful, I’ll answer my own question, NO it did not. I worked as hard, I sweated as much, and we shed tears together and created memories as one. THAT has not changed, nor will it ever.

I am 44 years old, (this is where EVERYONE puts on their surprise face) I’ve seen this activity evolve in my lifetime and it’s just as special now as it was when I first fell upon it as a young girl.

There was a time when all people had learn to drive with manual transmission cars, now most drive automatic transmission cars, that doesn’t mean they aren’t driving……………..

This is a well written post. Everything changes. Drumcorps has been evolving since it's inception and will continue to evolve. Change is good. Change is a natural process. And with so many

styles of Drumcorps currently active, We all have choices as to where and what version we choose to

participate in, and the audience has choices as well.

Saw Royal Airs a few years back in Scranton, PA, at Alumni Spectacular...

AND THEY WERE!!!

As are all of the other drum corps mentioned in this thread!!! SPECTACULAR!!!

Glad to see that Royal Airs are back!!!

P.S. - Happy belated birthday, Dale!