Placement of Mid-West drumcorps

Five of my drum corps buddies and I went out to dinner the other night. We had our usual fun discussion about the activity, until the subject of where we think the Mid-west corps will place, and the reasons behind our answer.

Here's my placement and reasons:

Cavaliers- Even though they are transitioning to a new/returning director, I don't see them losing a step.

Phantom-Yea, they came in 9th last year but, I think that will make them hungry in 2010 and razor close to the Cavs.

Bluecoats- Some years they are close to the top, some years they are stuck in the middle. I never thought the judges gave them the scores they deserve.(2007)

Blue Stars- I think they'll be in a battle with Bluecoats all summer. Their percussion scores just might put them even higher.

Madison- If that staff can get that corps to perform... Watch Out!

Glassmen- Need to get off to a good start. Hopefully they have a show that doesn't need a major overhaul this year.

Colts- I thought they could have made finals last year. Hopefully they'll change some judges minds this year.

Pioneer- They'll break 77.00 this year hopefully 80.00. Keep moving up Pio.

My friends hate DCP so, they'll never post their picks here.

What are your placement and reasons?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies and Phantom should be close (heard from PR people and believe after last year theyll jump right back)

Bluecoats in the middle (follows the trend of about 6th place)

Glassmen Blue Stars Madison-all close throughout the season should be fun to watch

Colts barely make or miss finals

Pio not in last and moving up

Edited by Silver_King

I'd put it into tiers (placement within tiers not in any order):

Cavaliers- even if theyre down a bit, theyre probably still above those below

____

Phantom- They'll be fighting to be back... but so will everyone else that was around them

Bluecoats- I know the least about them..theyve been consistently at\around this place for awhile.. so we'll see

Blue Stars- 3rd year with Shapiro running the guard, and Aungst taking over percussion, Sullivan taking the hornline, both percussion and horns should take *big* steps up. Don't count them out for a surprise placement(in my extremely biased opinion)

______

Madison- Could easily be in that lower-finals group with the staff they've gotten.

Glassmen- probably 10-12, so right in that area with madison

_____

Colts- I agree they couldve made finals in 09, though i'd give troopers the edge... id put them slightly behind the above group, but not by far.

_____

Pioneer- They took a big step up in 09, hope they continue that. That said, they're probably a clear step down from colts

Edited by AlexL

I'd put it into tiers (placement within tiers not in any order):

Cavaliers- even if theyre down a bit, theyre probably still above those below

____

Phantom- They'll be fighting to be back... but so will everyone else that was around them

Bluecoats- I know the least about them..theyve been consistently at\around this place for awhile.. so we'll see

Blue Stars- 3rd year with Shapiro running the guard, and Aungst taking over percussion, Sullivan taking the hornline, both percussion and horns should take *big* steps up. Don't count them out for a surprise placement(in my extremely biased opinion)

______

Madison- Could easily be in that lower-finals group with the staff they've gotten.

Glassmen- probably 10-12, so right in that area with madison

_____

Colts- I agree they couldve made finals in 09, though i'd give troopers the edge... id put them slightly behind the above group, but not by far.

_____

Pioneer- They took a big step up in 09, hope they continue that. That said, they're probably a clear step down from colts

nice Coco picture lol

nice Coco picture lol

haha, thanks

I won't speculate the exact placements, I will just say that:

The Blue Stars will be compettitive with Phantom and Cavaliers in 2010, Madison will beat Colts but not Glassmen, Glassmen will not be compettitive with Bluecoats, and Bluecoats will be competing for 7th.

These of course are my humble opinions, based on my absolute knowledge of the universe and all things purple.

Going to have to agree about Cavies. They will be top 5 - probably Phantom as well. I expect Blue Stars, Madison, and Bluecoats to be very close, and Glassmen fighting to stay in the top 12, even though they will be good. Pioneer will move up a place or two with this year's program.

Cavaliers will probably be 3rd or 4th, no lower

Phantom will be 4th or 5th, no lower

Bluecoats will probably have whatever upper half placement locked in like they did in 09

Blue Stars will NOT be competative with Cavs and Phantom, cavs have a good staff line-up this year and Phantom only lost to BS because they had bad design in 09, still, BS will 7th

Madison Glassmen will probably make finals

Colts I think will make it over Troop-a-loop

Pioneer makes semi's, almost finals, im calling it.

I think Cavaliers will remain top 4. I think Bluecoats and Blue Stars will be fighting for placements in the 5-8th place range. I think if Glassmen come out strong, they could be fighting with Phantom for 9th. I also think Colts and Madison could be fighting over 12th place again. Colts really deserved 12th last year, and Madison should have probably been 13th. I think Pioneer will once again put on a great show, but will probably end up in the bottom 3 as usual.