Why Announce Where the Corps is from?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gives a way of telling people what "area" the corps is representing. From Columbus, Ohio.....from Rosemont, Illinois....so on and so forth. It's just one of those things that won't go away from announcing. I personally like it that way.

But honestly, without looking anywhere. Where are the Cadets currently from? I honestly do not know. They have been from Garfield, Hackensack, Bergen County, Allentown (I am guessing this is the current)

The Cadets ( like most modern Corps ) provide naming rights to whoever gives them the money. If you want to know where a Corps " is from ".... follow the money. That's what Corps did. They followed the money trail. It's not where the marchers or staff are from.

The Crossmen are from " San Antonio" because thats where they primarily get their financial support now.

The Boston Crusasders are still from the Boston area because they don't get their money through fund raising primarily in Florida ( or anywhere else) ... they get their funds to continue to run their Corps through fund raising efforts from benefactors primarily concentrated still from the Boston area. Ergo " The Boston Crusaders ".

Naming rights come from where the Corps primarily gets it's money to run it's operations, not where it's marchers or staff are from. Those days are long gone as part of change. The Cadets have moved around, because their funding sources have shifted. Same with other Corps too. But others ( Phantom Regiment, Rockford, Il. ) still get their funds primarily from the same regions, so their naming rights remain intact.

Edited by BRASSO

Not in Boston but in New England still

Yes, Boston camps in New Hampshire ( and Florida), but again it doesn't matter where a Corps" camps" ( or gets marchers or staff from). Lots of Corps have Camps in lots of places removed from their named location.

Naming rights go to where a Corps primarily gets it's funding from.

Edited by BRASSO

:tongue:

We ARE desperate for conversation now, aren't we. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn June!

I know, why don't we just not even use corps names. On any given night, depending on the order they go on, we'll just call them:

Corps #1

Corps #2

Corps #3

Corps #4

... and so on and so forth. And they should all wear the same exact style uniforms, too... just in different colors. So maybe we could say:

Blue Corps

Red Corps

Green Corps

Paisley corps

Neon Orange Corps

/ thread. wOOt.

My money's still on the Blue Crew.

Edited by BRASSO

We ARE desperate for conversation now, aren't we. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn June!

I know, why don't we just not even use corps names. On any given night, depending on the order they go on, we'll just call them:

Corps #1

Corps #2

Corps #3

Corps #4

... and so on and so forth. And they should all wear the same exact style uniforms, too... just in different colors. So maybe we could say:

Blue Corps

Red Corps

Green Corps

Paisley corps

Neon Orange Corps

/ thread. wOOt.

Paisley is NOT a color, it's a print style.

But I do like your concept :tongue:

Paisley is NOT a color, it's a print style.

But I do like your concept :tongue:

Good catch. You win a cookie...