Could the new pre-show rule lead to woodwinds?

Will the Pre-Show rule lead to woodwinds?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Pre-Show rule lead to woodwinds?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's unlcear at this point.

No. Actually, more pits grew in size as amps were introduced. They've grown again with the addition of electronic instruments.

and with the electronics the number of non electronics have not shrunk

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extremely against woodwinds being added to drum corps and having it still be called DCI. I guess if they REALLY think it's necessary to have woodwinds, form MBI like many other people have said. Drum corps does not have to deprive woodwind players of educational oppurtunities at all. First off I would like to say that I AM a woodwind player. Woodwind players have plenty of options; they can either join the color guard like I did, or they can learn a new instrument. It would actually be a lot more educational for them in that way because instead of improving on their "usual" instrument, they can learn a new one and become just as good if not better on it. I would also like to mention that I am in school to become a music educator, and this is the stance that I take on the whole issue.

I am extremely against woodwinds being added to drum corps and having it still be called DCI. I guess if they REALLY think it's necessary to have woodwinds, form MBI like many other people have said. Drum corps does not have to deprive woodwind players of educational oppurtunities at all. First off I would like to say that I AM a woodwind player. Woodwind players have plenty of options; they can either join the color guard like I did, or they can learn a new instrument. It would actually be a lot more educational for them in that way because instead of improving on their "usual" instrument, they can learn a new one and become just as good if not better on it. I would also like to mention that I am in school to become a music educator, and this is the stance that I take on the whole issue.

So far, you look to me like a young person with the intuitive skills and keen logic that should serve you well in your quest to become a future music educator. Best of success in this future endeavor , SnowStorm22603.

Edited by BRASSO

cool!!