• 2002 Crusaders - "Rhythmic Sculptures in the Key of S"
    • 2003 Crusaders - "Samson and Delilah"
    • 2004 Hurricanes - "The Storm"
    • 2005 Corpsvets - "The Music of Don Ellis"
    • 2006 Corpsvets - "A Trip to Vegas"
    • 2007 Corpsvets - "A Celebration from Us to You"
    • 2008 Corpsvets - "Simple Gifts"
    • 2009 Bushwackers - "Scenes from a Phsychotic Circus"

Round 2! It is interesting to note that three corps have held a stronghold on 9th place this past decade. There are only two seasons (including last season) where a corps that was not named Skyliners, Crusaders or Corpsvets take 9th place. There are many good shows in these choices... good luck!

Results thus far:

10th Place: 2000 Bushwackers

Voting for this poll will end at 4:00pm tomorrow (Tuesday).

This is a tough one for me. I taught 3 of these corps and all of them were deserving of BEST 9th place corps. 2002 Crusaders (Santana and Sandoval). 2003 Crusaders (Classical Colours), and 2004 Hurricanes with the 50th anniversary show that blew the prelims crowd away...(BTW the Storm did not make the field but it was the show they were learning during the winter)...going to the 50th anniversary and featuring music and uniforms for the decades was a late move in the spring.

2002 and 2003 Cru could have been higher IMHO... both years it looked as that would be the case until late August.

But 2004 Hurcs looked as though they may not make finals and BUSTED THEIR BUTTS to get to the level they got. I will NEVER forget that prelims performance.

Donny

But 2004 Hurcs looked as though they may not make finals and BUSTED THEIR BUTTS to get to the level they got. I will NEVER forget that prelims performance.

That's the main reason why I voted for their 2004 show in this poll... that prelims performance. One for the ages.

Fran

Statistically, though..... I gotta figure the CorpsVets have a pretty good shot at this ninth-place thing. :w00t:

Fran

**Homer alert**

2006 CV - fun to watch, fun to perform, and it survived a hurricane!

:flower:

That was a fun show... with Elvis in the house!!!!!

And the one and only Cozy Baker in the ranks that year. :w00t:

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

I felt like both 2002 and 2003 Cru were good. Donny you are right about those corps and for some reason August was not good to us. I remember that 1990 was a special corps too as was Empire for you. I thought the horn line was exceptional.

This is a tough one for me. I taught 3 of these corps and all of them were deserving of BEST 9th place corps. 2002 Crusaders (Santana and Sandoval). 2003 Crusaders (Classical Colours), and 2004 Hurricanes with the 50th anniversary show that blew the prelims crowd away...(BTW the Storm did not make the field but it was the show they were learning during the winter)...going to the 50th anniversary and featuring music and uniforms for the decades was a late move in the spring.

2002 and 2003 Cru could have been higher IMHO... both years it looked as that would be the case until late August.

Donny

07 was a more fun show to play than 08.