DCP Cliches

The ubiquitous......"BUMP"

" Summer Music Games "

" Camp tryouts " ( and here I am thinking, marchers would be trying out for positions in " Corps", not " Camps ". But in reality it turns out that after a couple of go arounds, many were in fact trying out for " Camp" )

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be slightly off-topic, and I've written about this more than once, but I was in the meeting in Orlando when George presented his PowerPoint presentation about the perceptions of drum corps by the general public.

He stated that the typical non-drum corps person wasn't aware of the difference between drum corps and marching band and then put up a slide that read, "Drum corps is marching band," while being careful to reinforce that this was the average perception.

At no time did he actually state in his own opinion that drum corps was marching band. The slide was reported in another publication with no background explanation, and this took on a life of its own.

Context at times is everything.

So, to get this back on topic, my contribution to the OP's question is this; twisted "facts" that become truth due to miscommunication.

But that mental image has really stuck has it not ?

Give him credit for being a political mastermind.

:rolleyes:

"stop bashing the kids"

( but all I said was I don't like the color their buses were painted

Yea but what you really mean is that they suck

"I don't know about anyone else, but the idea of bathing in chocolate really just sounds like a huge mess with little real enjoyment factor. Thus, I will always take this comment to mean that something was muddled, sloppy, and impossible to clean.

(added the emoticon for 2000 Cadet's benefit. Look, here's another! )"

Ummm....no -

that is NOT what it's referring to...unfortunately -

I've got it.

People ##### about stuff on DCP, but still come here.

amazing.

" The weather looks like it should clear up for the show tonite in ( fill in the blank ) "

" Show rained out "

" I got my tickets !! ( CD, DVD, etc )

" OMG !!

" I heard a rumor that......"

" best turnout we've ever had for tryouts. 'Just amazed with the talent "

" highest rate of returning veterans the Corps' ever had "

I've got it.

People ##### about stuff on DCP, but still come here.

amazing.

No,

People ###### about people being ###### about stuff, but still come here and be ###### off.

Now THAT'S amazing.

any thread that uses the term " WOODWINDS " is bound to put DCP moderators on" Red Alert". This is the highest level of threatened attack protection preparedness ( called " severe level" with severe risk of attack on DCP deemed " extremely likely " and also" imminent " ) . It immediately calls on all site moderators to don their safety gear and prepare for an all out nuclear response which can instantly make that thread disapear into the next universe with the push of the nuclear option button, thus returning the site to the " Blue Alert level ". Blue as in " guarded " level of expected attack and preparedness.

Edited by BRASSO